Front License Plate Law back in the news

clayton006

Lots of cars look much better without the stupid plate.

http://www.lltek.com/images/Hofele/a48hcabbie/hfl_a4b68h_cab_sgconversion_zzB.jpg

While I 100% agree many, nay MOST, high end and performance vehicles look better w/o front plates, that chalkboard sized grill is hideous.

So it looks like removing the front plate didn't pass but it did make it a secondary offense while parked. So that isn't very helpful but I'm sure some people who don't run them will not get as many tickets parked downtown. This action was in the house.

There is another bill in the Senate the would make this a secondary offense while driving and lower the cost of the fine as well. This I think has a better chance of passing. Probably still wotnt pass and yeah it comes up every year. They should just be done with it and get rid of that requirement but such is life.

The government will never give up the chance to take more of your money. It's annoying, especially being from PA and not having to worry about figuring out a front plate location, but it is what it is. Thankfully there's ways around drilling into your bumper and still staying legal. You can always shove it in the windshield and hope you don't run into a tightwad cop.

even if they got rid of the front plates, they'd probably charge the same amount. Which would actually be better for the state.

Lets all just be thankful the farm plates are dead. :)

It's so bright and cheery though...

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2010/04/01/600x600/Ohio-announces-license-plate-switch.jpg