"Crash and Burn" - CC&C showing at AMC Lennox thurs 4/27

zeitgeist57

https://m.facebook.com/events/1049518025180484?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=3&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

Hey, guys...Scott (Sledhead36) is friends with Tommy Byrne, and wanted to host a private showing of his documentary. Tommy's going to be in town at the end of April and will be happy to introduce the film and chat with guys afterwards. I know some of you know Tommy as a driving instructor at Mid-Ohio as well.

I put it on FB but I want to stress to you, my CR family :), that we are NOT doing this to make money. It will be about $1000 for 100-150 seat theater. If you could spread the word to any of your racing-enthusiast buddies, it would be appreciated. The more people we have, the cheaper tickets will be!

I have not seen the film, but Rotten Tomatoes gave it 100%. That's high praise. I'm wondering if it's going to be better than Senna. ;)

Thank you!

Tommy's story is a really good one, and he's every bit the character you'd expect him to be esp if you get a few beers in him. He's probably one of the greatest talents that never made it because he didn't want to play political games.

A couple years ago we did an advanced instructor clinic and had Tommy speak. One of the old farts who moved onto spec Miata keep asking what a driver should do differently to get the most out of a momentum car. Tommy's response in a rather annoyed tone: "they're all momentum cars...drive the right line and you will be fast."

i'll figure it out, Matt.

Still trying to see if there's a gofundme or something to buy tickets. SUGGESTIONS WELCOME

I've gone to a couple things that have used eventbrite.com

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be a great event! Tommy is really looking forward to meeting and talking to everyone.

Clay, special thanks to you for putting this all together.

Just trying to make this Columbus Cars and Coffee.... the REAL Cars and Coffee group to hang with!

Tickets will sell out fast, we had over 80 people interested in the quick poll.

1 week to go, more than half the tickets are sold. If you want to be part of this fun spring kick off event, buy your ticket soon! This is a ONE TIME showing. Tommy will also be there for photo opportunities as well as sell autographed/personalized copies of his book. If any of you have ever taken a driving school up at Mid Ohio, you know what a character Tommy can be. This will be a great time. Edited by Sledhead36

Thank you everyone that supported this showing. We have 2 tickets left and I really am very happy we'll have a 130-seat theater filled. Looking forward to seeing folks at 8pm for the movie!

Theater #11 at AMC Lennox. There will be a table in the lobby to check in. Enjoy!