Has anyone used Zillow to sell/buy a house?

Mace1647545504

I'd strongly suggest you not use that as your only means. At the very least hire on of the Realtors that you pay a flat fee( normally $200) to have them just list it on the MLS.

Also just curious what your reasoning is? You will still end up paying the 3% on the buyers side. Unless you live in an area of $300+ homes that sell in a day then hire a realtor that takes 1-1.5% . There is also a good chance a decent Realtor will make or save you the 1% during the process.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Most solid sales happen before the listing hits MLS. Wife and I sold several properties and the realtors have always had a buyer before the damn thing even hit the general listings. Doing so usually yields a solid price too.

Cliffs: Find a good agent. Casey's wife sells homes and I'm sure others here do too. Find who is known in your area. That's my suggestion. You might not like using an agent for their fee's but good ones earn them.

I'd strongly suggest you not use that as your only means. At the very least hire on of the Realtors that you pay a flat fee( normally $200) to have them just list it on the MLS.

Also just curious what your reasoning is? You will still end up paying the 3% on the buyers side. Unless you live in an area of $300+ homes that sell in a day then hire a realtor that takes 1-1.5% . There is also a good chance a decent Realtor will make or save you the 1% during the process.

+1 to this

I can also tell you that in conversations between myself, friends, and family who've bought a house recently, all agree that it takes a REALLY impressive house or apparent fantastic deal to even consider purchasing a property "For Sale by Owner". It's just not worth the perceived hassle of navigating the process on your own, and assuming the potential liabilities and risk that would otherwise fall more squarely on the realtor.

have a friend that has been looking at houses every house she has seen on zilliow is already in contract when then talk with the realtor the following day. From what I have seen Zilliow is good for finding areas and showing what that area is selling for.

Where do you find a realtor with a 1-1.5% commission?

The best I've heard was 5%

mace

Are you talking 5% combining the buyers and sellers side? Some listing agents in other states charge 5% but that doesn't survive here, market is too hot and the realtor market is too saturated.

Are you buying and selling or just selling?

Is the house in Grove city?

Are you talking 5% combining the buyers and sellers side? Some listing agents in other states charge 5% but that doesn't survive here, market is too hot and the realtor market is too saturated.

Are you buying and selling or just selling?

Is the house in Grove city?

Selling and buying..yes it's in grove city. The houses around here have been going at a premium and have been selling in about 15-30 days

macae

Selling and buying..yes it's in grove city. The houses around here have been going at a premium and have been selling in about 15-30 days

macae

For what it's worth, I'd suggest talking with Aaron Tobias 614/832-5004. No matter what your going to be better off with him for both processes then on your own or with most others. He's based out of gc. Our last house sold in 1 day above ask, bought another a month ago and are about to list another in about 3 weeks.

You might save a few percent on the agent but if an agent can match you with a buyer that will pay high to get it done quickly, it comes out in the wash and you have less BS to deal with.

There are very few sellers right now, agents want to do business with you.

Yes sold my last house via Zillow.

My general advice is have great photos and you will already be ahead of most listings. You don't need a photo of every room. Just post the best. Biggest mistake I see people make. If you have a tiny outdated bathroom just don't post a photo of it. People can make up their own mind when they visit in person.

6 great photos are better than 20 mediocre.

The other issue you will have is zillow "zestimates." Pure cancer. People will try to use that as a negotiation.

Surprise... the estimates for my street were super low so I had to fight against that. Now magically after I am gone they are over-priced since I put in the work and sold my place for a fair price.

What you lose in making 1-2 more months in paying more mortgage will be made up by paying a realtor.

I've bought and sold 20+ houses and would never dream of not using one.

If you need a good one, let me know. I work with one of the best in Columbus.

I know a few people who have purchased a home off Zillow but in my opinion, it is not the norm.

If you need a realtor referral, use Brad's guy or ask me for a name or two...I'll be happy to help :)

Also, let me know if you'd like to have a mortgage chat for the new purchase!

Thanks,

Marc

I know a few people who have purchased a home off Zillow but in my opinion, it is not the norm.

If you need a realtor referral, use Brad's guy or ask me for a name or two...I'll be happy to help :)

Also, let me know if you'd like to have a mortgage chat for the new purchase!

Thanks,

Marc

Mark is in the middle of helping me get a mortgage. Super helpful.