GM Truck - Transfer case rebuild shop suggestions

AudiOn19s

Can someone suggest a good shop locally to talk to to discuss transfer case rebuild for my 2008 GMC truck.

It's making a ticking noise and has some shaft play. Trying to determine if I'm going to to rebuild vs. Reman vs. Junkyard.

Looking for a local shop to discuss options with.

Thanks,

Andy

Well short of bringing it to me at Dan Tobin, I'm not sure of anyone doing them outside of a dealer.

Do the newer transfer cases still have issues with the chain slop eating into/through the case? Remeber seeing it all the time on early 2000's half tons.

Do the newer transfer cases still have issues with the chain slop eating into/through the case? Remeber seeing it all the time on early 2000's half tons.

I think the newer ones do it in a different location when a retaining clip breaks and starts to carve it's way out of the case. I'm a little worried that's the ticking noise i've got going on right now.

Price out a new unit. When the trans in Dad's 2 door tahoe let go a brand new replacement unit was $1600. The cost to remove rebuild and replace the existing unit came out to $1600 at a very reputable NY trans shop. In the end it would have just been better to pay the 4 hours trans swap labor the GM dealer quoted him and bought the new unit.