1977 Somerset Boat - $1200

Come buy this boat!!!

I bought this back in 2004 from a guy i worked with at the time. Needed a new motor, and come to find out it needed new floors too. Replaced all the floor from the back half. Put in a new crate motor from Advance Auto. Few years after that i had all the throttle and steering cables replaced and the outdrive rebuilt by a guy from Delaware that did an amazing job. Basically i have like 5k invested in this boat and I am just done with it. It has a new'ish motor, almost new outdrive and runs great. The interior needs some work but that is why its so cheap. See the CL ad for more details and pics.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/6088487740.html

WOW.. another boat owner...my oldest bought a money pit like you just described (please don't take that as a knock I've owned a few money pits..never a boat mp though).

He bought a boat several years ago and almost went through the same thing. He'd get one thing fixed take it out and something else would go wrong. He paid $2-3 k for it and after putting another $3+k in it and countless hours of his time sold it for $2k and was happy to get rid of it

I told my dad told me when he sold his boat the best 2 days of his boaing life was the day he bought it and the day he sold it..GLWS

mace

• 2 weeks later...