Cars and Coffee 5/6/2017

Yasser-Hanbali

Played with some different settings on the camera, while trying some new ways of shooting. I would also like to announce that I will be taking appointments for anyone on here wanting photos of their car/cars. Link provided below to my Photography facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/yasserhanbaliphotography/

Thank you all in advance.

34365228051_7f90631c88_z_d.jpg

34365246301_aa438e6bec_z_d.jpg

34365245971_73537e9f19_z_d.jpg

34495577005_3896e0aba1_z_d.jpg

34365245221_5e47dd4846_z_d.jpg

34495575875_e4f0e159ab_z_d.jpg

34495575515_7d8e55fc61_z_d.jpg

34495575095_3d290a3bc7_z_d.jpg

34495574785_f7cf4e9077_z_d.jpg

34365242611_4b24124a9e_z_d.jpg

Edited by rx7rcer09

Played with some different settings on the camera, while trying some new ways of shooting. I would also like to announce that I will be taking appointments for anyone on here wanting photos of their car/cars. Link provided below to my Photography facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/yasserhanbaliphotography/

Thank you all in advance.

34365242611_4b24124a9e_z_d.jpg

Man, that is an bold choice for a old man's Bentley convertible.

Man, that is an bold choice for a old man's Bentley convertible.

And that was the more conservative choice in my final two. Here's the other:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Mustang_zpswiiq7nyk.jpg

Yasser, thanks, as always, for the fine photos.

And that was the more conservative choice in my final two. Here's the other:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Mustang_zpswiiq7nyk.jpg

Yasser, thanks, as always, for the fine photos.

You're very welcome doc! Definitely a different color to shoot but I'm glad I got to see that beauty in the sunlight.

Wait, that Bentley is yours??

Uh, yeah, the Apple Green Bentley is mine. Is this where you claim you weren't referring to me when you said "old man?" :p

Since that's me in the photo you posted, I'm interested in hearing your explanation ...........

Uh, yeah, the Apple Green Bentley is mine. Is this where you claim you weren't referring to me when you said "old man?" :p

Since that's me in the photo you posted, I'm interested in hearing your explanation ...........

You won't believe me, but I had no idea that you picked up a new one! Between work and getting everything ready for my daughter's arrival, I don't get on here much and must've missed your announcement.

I can't really dig myself out of this hole I'm in, so I'll just say congrats and that I'm a little surprised you didn't go with that monstrosity of a Mustang. :lol:

I missed that you picked up a new one too. Do you still have the Spur?

Uh, yeah, the Apple Green Bentley is mine.

How has ownership been? These have recently come up on my radar, they can be had for crazy reasonable prices anymore, seems like a lot of car for the money and fairly stout as well. I know fuel economy is terrible in the V10, but it wouldn't be a daily, just a weekend family toy....maybe stuff a baby seat in the back and mount a ski rack :D

I didn't make a thread when I bought it, but it's out at CC&C and meets from time to time. I also took it to the CR fall track day. It's been a great car so far. It's a 2014 Continental GT Speed Convertible. It had 2300 miles on it when I bought it. Aaron first alerted me that it was for sale. The color was on the cover of Bentley magazine in 2014 and he remembered me saying that if I were to buy a new Bentley, that was the color I'd pick.

Nope, traded the Flying Spur when I bought the Speed. The Spur was 10 years old and at that age and mileage, they can become expensive to keep. No doubt, that's part of the reason that older Bentleys can be purchased for around 50-70k. That is a lot of car for the money, but if you have bad luck with component failures, it begins to look like not such a bargain after all.

The Continental line (VW based) is much less expensive to maintain than the former Turbo R's (BMW and RR based, mineral oil systems), but even the Continentals can be big money if something like an alternator fails. In the W12, the first step in alternator replacement is to remove the engine from the car. I think the job is something like 12 hours of labor.

I plan to have it at NTR Friday. If we have a cold morning, I'm hoping for my all-time fastest run. It ran 12.5 there last fall.

I was interested in DD'ing an Evora (Camry motor, RWD, stick, seating for 4, amazing styling, exclusive brand) but man, they are still up there in pricing.

Rear seat is only for double amputees. But they do look a lot more usable as a DD than my Exige, even without the cage.

I was interested in DD'ing an Evora (Camry motor, RWD, stick, seating for 4, amazing styling, exclusive brand) but man, they are still up there in pricing.

Yeah man, I've had my eye on one in Phoenix for around 40k for a few weeks. I just can't justify having 3 vehicles as a 1 person household (ATS and truck currently). I want it so bad.

Someone brought an Evora to CCC a long time ago, that they let me sit in. It was comfy once you got into it, but if you are over 5'11" getting in and out is a chore.

I'm 6ft but it would only be a fun car, not a DD.

Rear seat is only for double amputees. But they do look a lot more usable as a DD than my Exige, even without the cage.

Double amputee haha...how long have you had that Exige?