Gander Mountain Closing

El Karacho1647545492

There was some hope for them to keep some stores alive prior to the weekend, but it looks like as of today they are planning to close all of their stores.

I've read online that a lot of their shooting-related merch is not heavily discounted, but their other stuff is.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

EDIT: adding new info, looks like I jumped the gun.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/05/08/new-gander-mountain-owner-says-reports-of-store-closures-are-untrue/

I bet Camping World CEO is nice and pissed at the liquidation company right now

Edited by El Karacho

Funny you mention this. I was at Petsmart yesterday buying dog food, and it's right next door to Gander Mountain. I was like 'yeah, so much for all those rumors about it closing a couple years ago'

Well shit, I jinxed it. It's all my fault

They have been in bankruptcy for a while now. The Sporting goods/outdoor market is kind of fickle at the moment with some other closures in 2016, Only Cabelas and Field and Stream seem to be doing well. Even Dick's is kinda struggling at the moment.

As a general rule "Liquidation sales" are a terrible deal for consumers. The time to have bought was their last big sale right before bankruptcy.

here's an article as to why Liquidation sales suck:

https://consumerist.com/2017/04/14/reminder-liquidation-sales-offer-terrible-deals-bad-return-policies/

and another on how to still get a good deal out of one:

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/7-ways-to-navigate-a-liquidation-sale-1.aspx

Went Saturday and the "deals" really weren't that good. All the ammo and guns are still at full price.

As of Friday they were planning on consolidating a majority of their stores and still liquidating lots of stuff, but Columbus wasn't on the chopping block just yet.

Looks like today they decided to just go totally tits up and close down completely.

Gander has NEVER had a competitive pricing and the gun liquidation sale they are trying to run still makes them almost 20-30% more expensive. I never set foot inside them because I already know they just hope they won't have to price match a firearm to make a sale. Screw them and their jacked up pricing.

The business Gander Mountain was bought by Camping World, the inventory was bought by a liquidator.

The Reynoldsburg and the Dayton Gander Mountains will remain open.

Only Cabelas and Field and Stream seem to be doing well. Even Dick's is kinda struggling at the moment.

Cabela's is owned by Bass Pro Shops now. Only a matter of time before it is potentially gobbled up too.

Pretty sure that fell through and didn't happen

They are still working on it. They found a buyer for the credit card business, so it's moving forward again

Not all of them are closing. The owners of the Gander Mtn here in College Station, TX will still be having the sale but will not be closing. I believe it will be 1 of 4 total to remain open. After the sales, inventory will be "reconjiggered" to reflect Camping World's idea of a camping store or whatever.