Neighbor problems..sweet revenge V2

RC K9

Went to update the original thread, but it appears to have been locked.

So, I come home Friday and check the mail to find a letter from the Swints.

Attached is a pic of the letter as well as my response. Sorry, I don't respond to sideways intimidation administered under the guise of courtesy. To their credit, thus far, they seem to have gotten better at toning it down at night; though, the kids are still in school and summer is not yet in full swing. Fingers crossed they exercise more courtesy this year than last.

You can see their letter to me as well as my response that I'll be sending back to them.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/RyanCorlew/Screenshot_2017-05-15-09-02-08_zps9qtaf5ny.png

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/RyanCorlew/Screenshot_2017-05-15-09-27-24_zps93alytpa.png

Edited by RC K9

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't thought about it. simply posted the letter they sent me. Though I am sure that anybody who wanted to could find their # pretty effortlessly. I mean, it's literally the first result if you type "chaz swint phone #" into google.

Let me know when your episode of "fear thy neighbor" is going to air.....you know after this escalates

Escalates to what? They sent a letter trying to intimidate with their snarky LEO comment, so I simply responded addressing their concerns. I'm doing nothing illegal. In fact I haven't even put my speaker out there in months and months. If anything escalates, it's because they are entitled d-bags with no regard for other people. In fact, I still have rocks on my roof from when people(s) on their property threw them at my house.

At least now there is a camera to catch evidence.

And let me point out, I can see very little of their yard. Most of the view is the fence line and my mew (hawk house).

But that's really none of their business either way. They could put 10 cameras on their property facing mine. I couldn't care less.

Escalates to what? They sent a letter trying to intimidate with their snarky LEO comment, so I simply responded addressing their concerns. I'm doing nothing illegal. In fact I haven't even put my speaker out there in months and months. If anything escalates, it's because they are entitled d-bags with no regard for other people. In fact, I still have rocks on my roof from when people(s) on their property threw them at my house.

If they truly are the inconsiderate d-bags you think they are, I can't imagine that your response is going to go unanswered. I'm not saying you shouldn't respond, no that response is hilarious but mostly because I am not the one receiving it. I don't think you are in the wrong by any sight, but I do think they probably think they were sending an olive branch and they might look at it as you pissed on the olives and mailed it back.

I don't think you are in the wrong by any sight, but I do think they probably think they were sending an olive branch and they might look at it as you pissed on the olives and mailed it back.

I agree. They were probably trying to "bury the hatchet" in their mind. But I have no issue with the OP's reply to their olive branch. They are the ones causing the problems, so if they want peace they can start being more respectful neighbors. Simple as that.

Oh and his name is Chaz. Seriously, fuck that guy

If they truly are the inconsiderate d-bags you think they are, I can't imagine that your response is going to go unanswered. I'm not saying you shouldn't respond, no that response is hilarious but mostly because I am not the one receiving it. I don't think you are in the wrong by any sight, but I do think they probably think they were sending an olive branch and they might look at it as you pissed on the olives and mailed it back.

My intent is not to piss on their olives. But these are the kinds of individuals that like to bully, (the obscenities that have been hurled at us after I gave them a taste of their own medicine are pretty horrible, on top of the rocks they have thrown at our house, and they did call the cops only to have nothing done because I am unincorporated so in regards to sound, I can essentially do what I want.) and I'm not going to be bullied into taking my camera down, or threats of LEO's. I am politely letting them know as such. I honestly have no problems with them doing what they want with their property so long as it doesn't affect us by being illegal in nature.

Link to original thread?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124954&highlight=swint

I agree. They were probably trying to "bury the hatchet" in their mind. But I have no issue with the OP's reply to their olive branch. They are the ones causing the problems, so if they want peace they can start being more respectful neighbors. Simple as that.

Oh and his name is Chaz. Seriously, fuck that guy

I refer to him as "Chaz bro Chaz." My wife pointed out that he most likely wore two polos back in the day so he could pop two collars at once. Pretty sure he likes listening to Jack Johnson and drinking PBR whilst hanging out with the "bros."

What was the speaker that you got in Amazon? I can't remember what you call the device to look it up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So this is what I started using:

https://www.amazon.com/Shomer-Tec-Nausea-Electronic-Disruption-Device/dp/B00ABV7OAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464819336&sr=8-1&keywords=sonic+nausea

But then I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K589F8A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The latter is freaking amazing. I downloaded a frequency generator app on my phone that I can cast to this speaker via bluetooth. That allows me to control it indoors. This speaker, I have had outside all night during a rain storm and the thing still works fine. It has blown away my expectations. I still use it to listen to music while i'm working outside.

Can confirm, that Photive speaker is awesome. I bought one last year after you mentioned it on here. I don't think I've even had to charge the thing yet and I've used it a dozen times

Yeah, the charge life on that thing is insane. There aren't too many things out there that I have bought and had nothing bad to say about it. This though, I have yet to be disappointed.

My intent is not to piss on their olives. But these are the kinds of individuals that like to bully, (the obscenities that have been hurled at us after I gave them a taste of their own medicine are pretty horrible, on top of the rocks they have thrown at our house, and they did call the cops only to have nothing done because I am unincorporated so in regards to sound, I can essentially do what I want.) and I'm not going to be bullied into taking my camera down, or threats of LEO's. I am politely letting them know as such. I honestly have no problems with them doing what they want with their property so long as it doesn't affect us by being illegal in nature.

Again, I agree with you. If they are bullies, then the passive aggressive stuff they wrote was their way of trying to save face to themselves while trying to write the bury the hatchet letter (because burying the hatchet is bitch move for pussies - in their head, maybe). Maybe you have heard the end of this, maybe not. Just be careful here, because this is where where things can go down the path to really wrong.

Again, I agree with you. If they are bullies, then the passive aggressive stuff they wrote was their way of trying to save face to themselves while trying to write the bury the hatchet letter (because burying the hatchet is bitch move for pussies - in their head, maybe). Maybe you have heard the end of this, maybe not. Just be careful here, because this is where where things can go down the path to really wrong.

I agree. It is honestly my hope that they get the letter, realize I'm not going to bow down, and they just move on with life as we would like to do.

I may be a little paranoid, but I think one reason they want the camera down is so they can continue reaching onto my property, throwing things at my property, etc without any "proof." At least with a camera where it is, there is a possibility of them being held accountable for their behavior as it pertains to their interaction with my property. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

But then I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K589F8A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The latter is freaking amazing. I downloaded a frequency generator app on my phone that I can cast to this speaker via bluetooth. That allows me to control it indoors. This speaker, I have had outside all night during a rain storm and the thing still works fine. It has blown away my expectations. I still use it to listen to music while i'm working outside.

On sale for $35 right now. Just what I was looking for.

My advice is to not respond at all, especially in writing. If there's nothing illegal about what you have in place then you have nothing to worry about.

If in the end their loud parties, noise, etc. is simply just that and doesn't go beyond 10pm then let it go. After that, which is a reasonable hour to lower the volume, just call the cops and let them sort it out.

You don't owe them a response so I personally would advise on giving them one, which is pretty much what they are baiting you to provide.

Good luck.

Response is already in the mail via certified letter. I debated whether or not to respond, but I can see them still pursuing it when I don't take the camera down, and lack of a response could make me look bad as they can prove they reached out to me. Me ignoring their letter could be construed to look bad. It's a toss up either way, and it landed on me responding.

On a side note, we found a football in our yard this weekend. About 2hrs ago the kids saw me out back and asked through the fence if I had seen a brown football. I told them I'd look. 5min later I told the kids to get ready because I had found it and was going to toss it back over. I got a few thank yous from the kids. Maybe they'll put a good word in for me. Ha ha. I can't smite the kids because their parents are pr*cks.