Wtb: self cleaning litter box

SRTurbo04

Any one have one of those self scooping/cleaning cat litter boxes laying around. My wifes dumb cat keeps shitting on the carpet in my finished basement even if theres 1 single turd in the box. Ahhhhh :doh:

Let me what what you have.

Edited by Paul

Any one have one of those self scooping/cleaning cat litter boxes laying around. My wifes dumb cat keeps shitting on the carpet in my finished basement even if theres 1 single turd in the box. Ahhhhh :doh:

Let me what what you have.

If it helps.. One more litter box than the number of cats is the recommended way to handle that issue. (1cat 2 litterboxes, 2 cats 3 litterboxes, ect)

We had one a long time ago and it was supposed to scoop it into a tray on the end. It ate batteries and never worked worth a shit. Even with clean litter the clumps of piss jammed it up. Sucked too because it was around $100. Maybe they are better now? Good luck

If it helps.. One more litter box than the number of cats is the recommended way to handle that issue. (1cat 2 litterboxes, 2 cats 3 litterboxes, ect)

Wow, never knew that. We make 3 cats share one litter box without issue, lol.

It is definitely the rule of Thumb. We are running 4 cats on 3 boxes but they are spread way about the house (three different rooms two different floors). All fine.

One cat one litter box is typically fine but as soon as you get 2-3-4-1000 cats you need to follow the +1 philosophy. The extra box definitely helps. Cats are very territorial especially when "marking their territory with their scents."

It is definitely the rule of Thumb. We are running 4 cats on 3 boxes but they are spread way about the house (three different rooms two different floors). All fine.

One cat one litter box is typically fine but as soon as you get 2-3-4-1000 cats you need to follow the +1 philosophy. The extra box definitely helps. Cats are very territorial especially when "marking their territory with their scents."

Interesting. I guess we got lucky. We get the rogue dump once a month a foot away from the box when we haven't cleaned it in a few days but other than that they've been fine for several years now. They are 11, 7 and 4.

IMO the best cat is the neighbors cat. Had one when I was in college and loved that guy......right up until he got his first UTI and pissed in my closet. Gone. Gave him to my parents who could tollerate caring for something that can destroy a home in one shot. Never again will I have a cat that's living in my home. Dog piss is easy to clean up and if they crap in the house, they learn extremely quickly to never do it again. Cats won't ever stop / learn to not to and do what they damn well please.

Yah that's pretty lucky... if you are an adamant litter box cleaner (once a day, or multiple times a day) probably makes a difference

I look at it this way- do you enjoy crapping in a portajohn? Is the reason you don't because other people's shit is staring at you the moment you step in there- that's pretty much how a cat feels.

Dogs get to go outside to potty... cats (typically) don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk