SpeedoDRD 2.0 Design

12oclocker

Here's the SpeedoFix 2.0 setup instructions in video format, I installed the prototype on my bike and am happy to report it works perfect.

I'll start building 5 units to sell next week, the units I'm building to sell will be half the size of the unit in the video (because they will be surface mount boards)

Give me some feedback on what you guys thing of the calibration process, I made it as simple as possible ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lYjxgEbp8M

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on getting the Honda and Suzuki connectors, hopefully I'll have it taken care of by the end of the week, I'm working on it guys ;)

I got the design down to the size of a nickle.

Edited by 12oclocker

any updates?
Video is down.

yes, I am in the processes of making a new video for the updated version.

Good news! my parts shipment has arrived, and I will have 5 units that will be completed this weekend :D

I had to change the product name to "SpeedoDRD" because some company in Canada owns the name SpeedoFix.

I added the ability to do MPH to KPH and KPH to MPH conversions as well.

Design will be about the size of a nickle.

I have devised a universal install method for bikes which I have not yet been able to obtain the factory connectors, you DONT have to cut any wires. And it only takes about 10 minutes or less to complete the hook up.

I will post up in the next few days with some pics, and a vid of the new completed units, as well as a demonstration of how to calibrate the unit (very easy to do)

I will still presetup the units for anyone that want's theirs presetup.

are all the units spoken for? if not I'd be down for 1

It depends on who pays first once I get them completed, there are more than 5 people that have said they want units, but not everyone is ready to buy once they're built, what kind of bike do you have?

I was at 12's house Sunday hanging out and this thing is so small and so effective. His knowledge and skill with programming and electronics is amazing. Dude built his own freaking lab and I was amazed! Looked liked I walked into a big companies lab. 12 is definitely dedicated to what he does and takes great pride in his work. Kudos!

It depends on who pays first once I get them completed, there are more than 5 people that have said they want units, but not everyone is ready to buy once they're built, what kind of bike do you have?

06 gsxr 750. I gots cash on hand whenever you're ready

Hey 12, completely off-topic. Anyway I stopped down by warrior racing and talked to Dave and some other kid, they were stunting. Said you stop by and stunt with them every so often...

That is all.

this is true, I try to get out there at least once a week to ride with dave and bryan :D

Here's a vid from last weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8UrIM7KUz4

Will this work on the RC51 digital speedometer.

should work on any bike, and if I come across one it does not work on, I could have a working firmware revision by probably the next day. but I don't foresee any reason why any bike would not be compatible, all bikes that have speed sensors that send pulses to the ECU. though some bikes use different sensors, they all do the same thing, send pulses. this devices corrects the frequency of the pulse rate by a percentage ratio.

the only bikes this would not work for are cable driven speedo's, so if you speedometer uses a cable to the front wheel, it will not work for your bike.

If anyone lives near Troy, OH, and has a bike with a needle speedometer that still uses a speed sensor (if your bike is newer or fuel injected it most likey uses a speed sensor) and wants a unit, let me know, I have not got to test my unit on a bike with a needle type speedometer, I see no reason why it would not work, but I would like to have the you and the bike at my house, that way I can tweak out anything in the firmware just in case.

^^

Here's the SpeedoFix 2.0 setup instructions in video format, I installed the prototype on my bike and am happy to report it works perfect.

I'll start building 5 units to sell next week, the units I'm building to sell will be half the size of the unit in the video (because they will be surface mount boards)

Give me some feedback on what you guys thing of the calibration process, I made it as simple as possible ;)

YouTube - SpeedoFix 2.0 Design

So how is it adjusted for gearing changes? Is that something you can do if you switch up gearing on the bike?

Its really easy to setup, if you change the gearing on your bike, it takes about a minute to re-setup the unit, it's very simple...

Here's some pics....

Board Size

SpeedoFix2-Prototype.jpg

Finished Unit, with clear HeatShrink around it to make it water resistant, you can still press the button and see the LED through the clear heatshrink.

speedofix2-unit.jpg

Edited by 12oclocker

Is there anyone else willing to stop by with their bike so I can get some measurements?

I really don't want to ship out units for bikes I have not tested yet.

I will be placing a parts order this weekend to build some more units, the 5 I had built disappeared rather quickly, this time I will order enough parts to built enough units for everyone that wants one, provided I have taken some measurements from your model bike so I can be sure everything will work just fine.

So far bikes I have had access to are: Yamaha 1300 vmax, WR250X/R, Honda CBR600F4i

Post up guys and let me know.