SpeedoDRD 2.0 Design

12oclocker

Hay man i no this is an old thread but i would really like to have on if you have one for an 2006 zx10 , my speedo is so off , i should have the cash thursday , just give me a call and let me no what the final cost is and were i can pick it up ill come to you . im in upper arlington by osu my cell is 403-3179 give me a yell when you get a chance , thanks man !!1

I'll let you know as soon as I got something for you....

If anyone that wants a unit, could take a pic of their speed sensor connector, it would be greatly appreciated ;-)

here's a pic of a honda f4i connector, I found a place which carries pretty much all the connectors I need, I just needs the pics to know which connectors to order for which bike, I already know what connectors for the majority of all yamaha's and for about half the honda's (just not sure which honda's are using this connector besides the f4i)

It's usually near the rear of the engine, close to the rear of the gas tank but lower, 3 wires, and not very large.

honda-connector.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know as soon as I got something for you....

If anyone that wants a unit, could take a pic of their speed sensor connector, it would be greatly appreciated ;-)

here's a pic of a honda f4i connector, I found a place which carries pretty much all the connectors I need, I just needs the pics to know which connectors to order for which bike, I already know what connectors for the majority of all yamaha's and for about half the honda's (just not sure which honda's are using this connector besides the f4i)

It's usually near the rear of the engine, close to the rear of the gas tank but lower, 3 wires, and not very large.

honda-connector.jpg

Did you ever figure out the right connector for my bike? I know when we were looking at the connectors, we werent quite sure that either of the connectors were right. you should have KC come over to check out is 600rr to see if its the same as mine

Did you ever figure out the right connector for my bike? I know when we were looking at the connectors, we werent quite sure that either of the connectors were right. you should have KC come over to check out is 600rr to see if its the same as mine

Yep, I got yours figure out! That's a good idea, I should give KC a ring.

Eventually I might just say fuck it and get a speedohealer :p

You dont want to do that, trust me. I have had the speedohealer on my bike for almost 2 years set up for -1+2 gearing, and I just recently found out that its reading abour 4 MPH off on the Negative side. Speedohealers are a Pain in the ASS to calibrate and it takes about 10 minutes and a read through the instructions each time to set up. Flipping all those switches up and down gets confusing.

I have seen 12's units work in person and it is 100X easier to calibrate, much much smaller in size (probably 4-5X smaller), half the price, more accruate, more features (compared to my v3 speedohealer) and is said to last much longer. 12's units will be worth the wait. Hoping to have one of his units by next week if everything goes well.

I ordered some honda connectors, they should be here hopefully within a week!

For anyone who's interested, here's the Video Instructions for new 2.4X Firmware which I just finished up, this will be the firmware shipping with all the new units starting next week....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS5OQpE3AdI

have you verified that f4i and RR connectors are the same?

Let me know if you see a connector on your bike that looks like this....

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=663726&ppid=1122ℑ=231935923&images=231935923&formats=0&format=0

where would i find it?

there is a wire coming from your front sprocket area, or close to that point at the rear of the engine, the wire is only about 6 to 8 inches long, and it will have a connector on the end. There is also a neutral indicator wire close to that location, its easy to confuse the two. I believe your's looks like the picture I posted, let me know if I am right.

there is a wire coming from your front sprocket area, or close to that point at the rear of the engine, the wire is only about 6 to 8 inches long, and it will have a connector on the end. There is also a neutral indicator wire close to that location, its easy to confuse the two. I believe your's looks like the picture I posted, let me know if I am right.

kept forgetting about this. Checked just now and it's there, looks exactly the same. Now I can't get that damn rubber cover back over that cable connector cluster :mad:

Anyway, let me know when it's ready and if I should come all the way to Troy on the bike or not.

Good news, I sent the new SpeedoFix design to my buddy in texas, he has a "Yamaha 1300 Vstar Cruiser" with a needle type speedometer, got the call today everything works perfect.

This was good news because his sensor line is 12v not 5v, and his speedometer is a needle type, so to my knowledge this covers every electrical and mechanical variance among bikes that I've found so far, only thing to finish up is getting the connectors for the different bike brands, which is already in the works.

Anyway, let me know when it's ready and if I should come all the way to Troy on the bike or not.
will do Edited by 12oclocker

These places look like they have the same connector as Honda, and I'm sure they have them for the other makes as well

www.vintageconnections.com (http://www.vintageconnections.com/mail_order_form.htm -HP2 Set White Nylon)

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/110_Connectors/110_connectors.html (the one labeled "2 position")

These places look like they have the same connector as Honda, and I'm sure they have them for the other makes as well

www.vintageconnections.com (http://www.vintageconnections.com/mail_order_form.htm -HP2 Set White Nylon)

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/110_Connectors/110_connectors.html (the one labeled "2 position")

I've got an order I placed, I'm still waiting for it to arrive, its coming from Japan..

Does your connector have the tabs like this one?

[tab at the top which allows the connector to lock together]

a_sumi110-2p.jpg

I've got an order I placed, I'm still waiting for it to arrive, its coming from Japan..

Does your connector have the tabs like this one?

[tab at the top which allows the connector to lock together]

a_sumi110-2p.jpg

Hey Brooks, this one looks more like mine than the green one did. Good find. Yeah ready to get your DRD. I confirmed with Nick that my speedo healer is -5 miles off. At one point in the ride, My Tripometer read less miles than Nick and by the end of the trip it read more, after we went the same amount of miles. I could probably recalibrate it again but its a royal pain in the ass

yeah it looks pretty much like that except green, like in your pic
Cool, I got it on order!
Hey Brooks, this one looks more like mine than the green one did. Good find. Yeah ready to get your DRD. I confirmed with Nick that my speedo healer is -5 miles off. At one point in the ride, My Tripometer read less miles than Nick and by the end of the trip it read more, after we went the same amount of miles. I could probably recalibrate it again but its a royal pain in the ass
I got yours on order too ;)

Free bump for Brooks! I rode down to help him get some measurements for the GSXR today. Super cool guy and very knowledgeable, unfortunately we ran into a slight problem with Suzuki's design but it sounds like he can iron it out without too much trouble. The units themselves look very solid and I wouldn't hesitate to run one on my bike.

Free bump for Brooks! I rode down to help him get some measurements for the GSXR today. Super cool guy and very knowledgeable, unfortunately we ran into a slight problem with Suzuki's design but it sounds like he can iron it out without too much trouble. The units themselves look very solid and I wouldn't hesitate to run one on my bike.

Thanks buddy, leave it to Suzuki to not follow what the other major bike companies are doing, lol, I'll have a revision compatible with Suzuki in a couple days. ;)

connector shipment status check

Those geniuses from Japan screwed up half my connector order, they sent the correct Yamaha connectors, and they sent the wrong honda connectors, after I contacted them they made everything right and sent out a new connector order for me, it should be here in about 7 days (estimated)