Car stuff Friday, June 9th and Saturday, June 10th

Doc1647545523

It looks as though the rain threat has moved on .... anyone up for QSL around 7, then possibly Chantry meet later?

Also, there's another Dayton Cars & Coffee Saturday morning I'm going to if the streets are dry in the early morning.

Edited by Doc

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/brace%202_zpsfo7ejl8r.jpg

Made a new friend at Dayton C&C. It seemed like quite the coincidence ... there was only one other Bentley there and it was also a 2014 Convertible, although it was a GT and mine is a Speed.

It was my first time at the Dayton one. My observations, FWIW:

1) It kicks off early. Official start time is 8 a.m., but there are a good number of cars there by 7:30 a.m.

2) There was a major departure underway by 9:30, although some stay as late as 11.

3) Bigger crowd than ours. I'd estimate 2-3x as big.

4) Upscale area. Super nice restrooms in the buildings, but also portajohn availability

5) Coffee wagon on site, but it seemed that most participants brought their own

6) There is a small, reserved-parking area that sponsors buy and use for their highline cars

7) Less variety than our own C&C. Few hot rods, I saw one rat rod, few cars older than 1960, very few low-end cars, few trucks, about the same number of bikes as Columbus. More of the expensive rare, but not truly exotic, cars.

8) Most of the cars were very clean

9) Fewer owners who built their cars/more owners who bought it as it sits.

10) Fewer skeptics in the crowd. More people who wanted to compliment the cars and make the owners feel welcome.

11) No burnouts and excessive revving leaving the event, but right next to the west end of the venue is the on-ramp to I-75 North. Many of the cars really open up there. Police were waiting just down the road. Light police presence at the actual venue (Austin Landing, in Miamisburg).

It was a great time. I must have had a dozen people ask me to start coming regularly, but if I return, I think my strategy will be to get there at 7:30 a.m., leave at 9:30 and hit the second half of Lennox. That will be the Super Saturday C&C Morning. :)