G8 Brake Warning?

Dafunk13

I'm getting an intermittent "Brake!" warning in the DIC, chimes, and the red "BRAKE" light is lighting up. Only seems to happen once warm. It comes and goes...annoyingly so. Brakes feel fine, about 25k on pads and rotors...it could probably use a flush, but the car stops OK. Drove 50 highway miles without a warning until I was off the highway and it went off once or twice before I parked, and then it went off about a million times on my 10 mile drive to work yesterday...all over the place.

Any ideas before I take it to service? Any recommendation for someone to look at it that are reputable and more wallet friendly than the dealership? Car just got a DOD delete/cam a month ago, it that makes any difference. Vacuum issue? It does idle a little low when warm.

Brake light can be low fluid or Parking brake unless there are codes stored however usually accompanied by other lights.

The chime makes me think it's a parking brake issue. Make sure it's retracting all the way and nothing is bound up under it. However I've also seen the switches tweaked slightly and cause issues like this where it'll be right at the point of contact and it only takes a little but or even temp change to trip the brake light

Fluid is good. Parking brake warning in the dic specifically says "parking brake"...tested that right away by engaging it a bit while rolling so it's not a sensor there. Rules both of those out. Anything else to check?

Could be a sensor issue. If it has pad sensors, once that connection is severed itll throw a light. Could have partially broken a wire to where the connection intermittently breaks.

If your pads were somehow that low the light wouldn't go back off since the sensor would be broken.

I don't know about the G8 in any way. I just have had similar experience with ABS sensor wires. Especially when lifting trucks for example, if I wire gets tweaked, but is still connected, you sometimes cant see any damage. The outer sheath of the senor wire will be good, but every now and then itll throw some lights on the dash. Then the next time theyre all gone.

Its just enough to throw a code to the computer and then itll clear itself for next time. Just annoying.

Again...It might not even have pad sensors...That was just spitballing a maybe. If they exist...check them close...make sure they aren't gunked.