• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that scenario it would be...

SEC Winner

Notre Dame

Clemson

Oklahoma

I don’t disagree, but can you imagine leaving out a 1 loss Big 10 champion? I just think there is too much money involved. OSU needs to not only win the remaining games but do it convincingly - I think they will.

I don’t disagree, but can you imagine leaving out a 1 loss Big 10 champion? I just think there is too much money involved. OSU needs to not only win the remaining games but do it convincingly - I think they will.

I think Ohio State is better than all of those teams except MAYBE Alabama. Clemson gets in because they're the defending national champs. Oklahoma gets innover OSU because of Head to Head. Notre Dame gets in because their a huge ratings pull and a media darling. ND is likely a 1 year rental, they could easily win 7-8 games next year while OSU will be national title contenders again year after year so they're gonna give ND the spotlight while they have the chance.

Don't worry though, that's not how it'll play out. Teams will lose.

We’re in uncharted territory with the Crimson Tide. We’ve had teams in Power 5 conferences play very well but not get much love in the opponent-adjusted ratings due to a relatively weak schedule, but I don’t recall a year in which my system has valued a Power 5 schedule so poorly this deep in the year. Alabama has played the 120th-toughest schedule to date. An elite team would have been expected to lose only 0.18 times on average against their schedule to date. The only teams with a worse schedule strength rating to date are Louisiana Lafayette, Idaho, Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, Southern Mississippi, Texas State, Massachusetts, Western Kentucky, UAB, and UTSA. Woof.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fei-ratings/2017/fei-week-9-ratings

The problem I have with Notre Dame is the same problem people had with Baylor or TCU a couple years back. When it comes down to it the lack of a conference or conference championship should hurt them. Why should an 11-1 team or even 12-0 go ahead of an 12-1 OSU or Bama/Georgia that was 1 more win and a conference championship under their belt. Edited by 1Quik7

You lose and you take a permaban from any and all college football related threads.

Nah I like him here. Although his bias is a bit over the top and his trolling is weak most of the time, at least he still posts in here. I remember like 2-3 years ago this thread used to be awesome. I don't know where all the regulars went (bicranium, JohnnyBravo and others) :(

Bama

Ohio st

Georgia

Notre dame

Those will be the final for. The only division to get two schools will be sec. Acc PAC and big 12 will all have two loss champions

I can see them weaseling Clemson in there somehow and dropping the Bulldogs. From a purely profits standpoint, an OSU - ND championship would be madness.

Actually, how could they have Georgia AND Bama? They play in the regular season, they'll play in the SEC championship. I don't think people will want to see them play 3x. everyone likes Dabo, let's scoot Clemson up there, yay!

I can see them weaseling Clemson in there somehow and dropping the Bulldogs. From a purely profits standpoint, an OSU - ND championship would be madness.

Actually, how could they have Georgia AND Bama? They play in the regular season, they'll play in the SEC championship. I don't think people will want to see them play 3x. everyone likes Dabo, let's scoot Clemson up there, yay!

Georgia and Bama do not play in the regular season this year.

Some good games this weekend. I'm going to pick against some of the big boys as I think this week could shake things up a bit.

(7) Penn State 27

(24) Michigan St 17

South Carolina 16

(1) Georgia 34

Wake Forest 14

(3) Notre Dame 21

(4) Clemson 20

(20) NC State 24

(6) Ohio St 38

Iowa 10

(15) Iowa St 34

West Virginia 38