2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

That was like the Mayweather/McGregor fight except no refs to stop the beat down.

Cobbs is incredible and some of the passes Lagow was throwing were crazy. That first drive they had, he literally put like 7 balls in a row right where they needed to be. Tough passes too. Indiana will win 7 maybe 8 games this year. They are a solid team.

Barrett was extremely frustrating in the first half. Obviously the 2nd half was better, but I'm still not convinced with his passing abilities. Did receivers drop some easy ones (*Cough Paris Cough*) Yes, but Barrett also missed a lot of easy throws just like he was doing last year.

Dobbins is the fucking man. Weber is probably pretty nervous about his starting job now... It's hard to take Dobbins out after a game like that. I think they will split carries next week though against Oklahoma. Dobbins = Zeke and Weber = Hyde. Zeke > Hyde but having someone like Hyde as a backup is almost unrealistic.

These receivers will develop throughout the year. The only real tough game we have in the 1st half of the season is next week. After that it becomes a cupcake party until week 7 when we go to Nebraska. That'll give the offense some time to get things straightened out because even though we scored 49, I still don't feel like we were all that fluid yet.

Couldn't have asked for much more though. Weird game, Week 1. Thursday night, B1G opponent. Weird games almost always favor the underdog, so I'm just glad we came out with a convincing win regardless of how inept we looked the 1st half.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give Barrett a pass on missing that deep throw to Baugh. Baugh didn't practice all fall, so there isn't any timing there. I thought he looked a lot better. That drop by Campbell was a perfect deep ball. There were also a few times where the ball went wide and the camera would show him yelling at the receiver afterwards.

2nd half looked like a completely different team. Dobbins should get about 20 carries, Webber about 15 carries a game. Gotta keep the freshman fresh.

Calling it now, the "upset special" is Wyoming over Iowa, because Iowa.

I give Barrett a pass on missing that deep throw to Baugh. Baugh didn't practice all fall, so there isn't any timing there. I thought he looked a lot better. That drop by Campbell was a perfect deep ball. There were also a few times where the ball went wide and the camera would show him yelling at the receiver afterwards.

Pass sure.

(rolling back to last year) Barrett took over 90 attempts to have a pass for more then 20 yards.

Of his 304 yards vs the hoosiers 220 were after the catch. (Granted we have documented the long ball drop) He was not affecting the offense in the first half, no ignite.

He missed some Wide open throws; video reviews show at least a half dozen. Chalk it up to first game. (but maybe a worrying trend)

I am concerned you saw exactly what you get from JT. A game manager, not a game changer. Folks calling for him to go are frankly nuts, just realize what he is good at and don't expect much more.

Bama dominated last night. Our offense is going to be scary with the play action deep ball. Our D has a different look. Not the aggressive front four of last year but still extremely stout. Will be extremely interesting to see how we start to come together over these next few tune up hames.

I hope fsu qb isn't done for season. They have a great Defense but will be nothing without Francois

Yeah their secondary was insane. I thought FSU's running back Patrick, looked big and slow. Not even battering ram, just lumbering.

Yeah I agree. It's hard to say whether it was more Bama being incredible on D or FSU struggling to execute. You've gotta kinda nod your head to Bamas D and assume it was more that given their reign of success