2007 Honda Accord A/C issue

dakotart

About a month ago, I thought I had no A\C. I added some Freon and thought it was fixed but I mostly drive with the windows down and A\C off.

This week I noticed that the passenger vents (right center, window, floor) are cold and the driver side vents are warm\hot.

Today, I removed the lower dash panels and confirmed that all of the vent door motors are moving when I change settings. This includes the one under the driver dash that moves when you change the temp. (I believe this is referred to as the mixer motor)

Note: This car does NOT have dual climate control.

Any ideas?

So your floor vents and everything change as they should your just not getting the cold air to the driver side in any position?

The door is the blend door and actuator also not called the mixer motor just FYI

There could be more than one but with the air on and cold move the doors by hand if you can as you say and if your issue is fixed then it has to be either the door sticking or the gear on the inside of the actuator is stripped so it try's to spin but doesn't actually turn the door

So your floor vents and everything change as they should your just not getting the cold air to the driver side in any position?

The door is the blend door and actuator also not called the mixer motor just FYI

There could be more than one but with the air on and cold move the doors by hand if you can as you say and if your issue is fixed then it has to be either the door sticking or the gear on the inside of the actuator is stripped so it try's to spin but doesn't actually turn the door

Correct, air flow changes from floor to defrost with no issues. I'll try to move by hand and see if it changes.

I took the actuator module apart and the gears are not stripped. I can also watch the levers move when I change the temp from hot to cold and back.

You've got a leak somewhere

Several different Hondas have issues like this caused by low refrigerant. Passenger side sees the inlet side of the core. Driver sees outlet. By the time it's gotten over to the driver side it's warmed up. See it maybe 4 to 5 times a year at work