Car show to benefit students

Richard Cranium

Some of you may have seen my other thread. Things are finally coming together.

Car and Craft show October 7th. Gates open at 8:00, Registration starts at 9:00, Judging starts at 11:00. Awards will be around 2:30-3:00 time frame. The craft show will be inside at the school. We have 50 vendors registered.

Food from our culinary program will be for sale, raffles, 50/50, etc....

Awards for best in show, peoples choice, best project car, most club support, etc...

Classes are:

Modern Muscle

Vintage Muscle

Modified Truck

Vintage Truck

Sport Bike

Vintage Bike

Cruiser (motorcycle)

Rat Rod

Tuner

49 and earlier

50's

60's

70's

80's

90's

2000's

Vintage European

Modern European

Vintage Non-European import

Modern Non-European Import

Student (must be a Tolles registered student)

Edited by Richard Cranium

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be there with the Firehawk.

Bringing a truck and a car both firmly in the "Project Car" class!

I'll be there for sure.

Checking to see if I can come out, haven't been at / in a car show in forever and def like to support something like this...

I appreciate the support. Not many people are pre-registering. We'll have 4 registration stations going that morning, but if you want to skip the line you can pre-register (even print you dash card) at the site above. Paid pre-registration helps us as well.

Trophies are done. Participation plaques are almost ready as well. We should have 80 of them ready, so the first 80 cars through the gate will get a commemorative plaque.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=8911

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=590&pictureid=8910

If I'm in-state I'll be happy to bring a car out and support the students. The competition right now is a northern Michigan fall color tour, and the forecast map doesn't update until tomorrow night.

If I can make it, what car do you think the students and spectators would want to see? Choose one:

Slingshot, green Bentley, Figaro, Viewt, Toyota Century, Celica GT4 WRC, FRS/BRZ/GT86

Just out of curiosity, any idea on how big you expect it to be?

I'm crossing my fingers for 150 cars, but that's going to depend on the weather. That's been my goal for the show since we started.

If I'm in-state I'll be happy to bring a car out and support the students. The competition right now is a northern Michigan fall color tour, and the forecast map doesn't update until tomorrow night.

If I can make it, what car do you think the students and spectators would want to see? Choose one:

Slingshot, green Bentley, Figaro, Viewt, Toyota Century, Celica GT4 WRC, FRS/BRZ/GT86

If you make it out that would be great, but northern Mich sounds like a nice road trip too. I'd be torn between the Viewt and the Century, but the Slingshot and the Bentley would probably draw more attention and are a bit more flashy. The way you keep your cars I would guess that any of them would be contenders for a trophy.

That's kind of you to say, Rick. The trophy isn't important, I just want to bring something to the show that spectators will enjoy. It's a disappointment to prep a car and devote the time to, from, and during a show just to find no one there has the slightest interest in your ride.

The Michigan roads I drive will be spectacular when the trees are at peak, but it appears that they won't be in full color until a week from now, so I plan to bring the Bentley to the show Saturday. See you there!

That's kind of you to say, Rick. The trophy isn't important, I just want to bring something to the show that spectators will enjoy. It's a disappointment to prep a car and devote the time to, from, and during a show just to find no one there has the slightest interest in your ride.

The Michigan roads I drive will be spectacular when the trees are at peak, but it appears that they won't be in full color until a week from now, so I plan to bring the Bentley to the show Saturday. See you there!

We've got your registration and payment, thank you. You can either print your dash card on that site, or we can print it for you at the registration table tomorrow morning (any time after 9:00). The plan is for judging to start at 11:00. I told my students what you were bringing out and a couple of them their eyes got really big. That one will be a hit I'm sure.

Man I would love to come out for this, haven’t had the car out since I got the new house 3 weeks ago.

It's for a good cause. All the money will go to the student clubs to help pay for kids to go to competitions. Last year, Business Professionals of America spent $500 to send our main campus kids to state competition. For nationals, the registration cost alone is $125. The school absolutely helps out with some of the registration and travel expenses, but not all of them.

BTW I noticed a problem with the classes. I have added a class for cars from the 2000's. I had an entry that did not fit any of the existing classes, so I had to correct that by making a new class. I had to get creative with the trophy as well.

Looks like it's at

7877 US Highway 42 South

Plain City OH

Least that's what I had saved for the address from the link....

I'm see if I can get time after work today to clean up the red neck truck and barring unexpected circumstances coming up, plan on coming out tomorrow for it.

Looks like it's at

7877 US Highway 42 South

Plain City OH

Least that's what I had saved for the address from the link....

I'm see if I can get time after work today to clean up the red neck truck and barring unexpected circumstances coming up, plan on coming out tomorrow for it.

That address is correct. We're out in the middle of a cow pasture. We are directly on 42 a few miles south of Plain City. Look for the green roof.

Damn, 7:30 at Der Dutchman is rough. I can't promise anything.

Rick - is it possible to assign a small area for CR members to park together within the show?

Yeah, I think I can make that happen. I'll put some orange cones in some spots all together. Figure 10 spots ought to do it? I'll figure out a way to tag them CR.