Xterra vs touareg

Lauren

Needing to pick up a winter beater. I'm torn between a second gen xterra or a first gen touareg. I've found a 04 v8 touareg and I've also found a 06 xterra. Common sense cost of ownership and ease to work on points to xterra. I dig the treg though.

Anybody have any first hand experience? I owned a first gem xterra a couple years back. I wasn't blown away by IG but kt was decent enough. The second gens are way better look g and even today do not look outdated which is nice.

I love my 2nd gen xterra, not sure why more don't. It's essentially a 4runner for a far better value. Only a few small problem areas, trans cooler (pre 09) check the trans fluid and coolant for signs of mixing ie strawberry milkshake, cam chain tensioners wear so listen for any rattle or tapping on startup, and the rear diff breather clogs causing pressure to build up in the diff and push the seals out. All are stuff you can mod easily and watch for.

Needing to pick up a winter beater. I'm torn between a second gen xterra or a first gen touareg. I've found a 04 v8 touareg and I've also found a 06 xterra. Common sense cost of ownership and ease to work on points to xterra. I dig the treg though.

Anybody have any first hand experience? I owned a first gem xterra a couple years back. I wasn't blown away by IG but kt was decent enough. The second gens are way better look g and even today do not look outdated which is nice.

Umm, 3rd gen 4runner of course!

I don't know much about the Nissan's, but have often wondered why they weren't more popular in the off-road scene.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk