Large Unique Car Collection For Sale

Sully

Just read this article; I don't think it's been posted on here. Sure wish I had the time and money to help this guy unload his collection by taking a few off his hands.

Cliffs:

Cool old guy has 200+ unique cars on his own property that is his collection.

Township found out about it and says he has to unload his collection.

Township is forcing him to unload 20 cars a month or they will take them.

Let's spread the word and help this guy not lose his cars to the township.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/a-michigan-town-is-forcing-this-man-to-sell-20-old-cars-off-his-property-every-month/ar-AAs9snb?li=BBnb4R5

Agreed.

I'll take the unpopular stance of saying "responsible" car guys need to have the provision of keeping proper storage/maintenance of our vehicles. I like seeing old-school mechanic/salvage/body shops where guys have racks of parts and fields of cars going back decades...but that only makes sense if you're running a business.

No one is impressed by the 2, 3, 5, or 216 cars you have in your driveway/backyard if the property/vehicles aren't maintained.

Agreed.

I'll take the unpopular stance of saying "responsible" car guys need to have the provision of keeping proper storage/maintenance of our vehicles. I like seeing old-school mechanic/salvage/body shops where guys have racks of parts and fields of cars going back decades...but that only makes sense if you're running a business.

No one is impressed by the 2, 3, 5, or 216 cars you have in your driveway/backyard if the property/vehicles aren't maintained.

To be fair, some of the cars are runners, but most are not. I think that was part of his buying strategy - buy something running but with problems for cheap and then very very slowly fix it or let wait till he gets around to it and then he never gets around to it. He's got 3 cars on CL right now (buick, Saab 900, merc SL) that run but all need "something" to be reliable.

Personally I'm after them as donor vehicles, something that's been sitting rotting in Michigan I would probably never spend the time/energy/money to bring back to life. However, if certain vehicles have useful hoods/fenders/trim pieces.. worth the drive for correct period parts.

Personally I'm after them as donor vehicles, something that's been sitting rotting in Michigan I would probably never spend the time/energy/money to bring back to life. However, if certain vehicles have useful hoods/fenders/trim pieces.. worth the drive for correct period parts.

Exactly where my head was at especially those older pre 80's Mercs.

• 3 months later...