Tire wear question

Mace1647545504

that was exactly what is going on

Its not alignment as I had it up to 80 and it never shook or shimmed or pulled

thanks

mace

None of that means the alignment is good. -1.0 camber both sides won't cause any issues driving but it'll sure as hell cause wear on most trucks

None of that means the alignment is good. -1.0 camber both sides won't cause any issues driving but it'll sure as hell cause wear on most trucks

Listen to this, also your vehicle could drive straight and show no tire issue but your steering wheel could be off center , this also means the alignment is off

Just because there is not a pull doesn't mean you don't have a alignment issue

that was exactly what is going on

Its not alignment as I had it up to 80 and it never shook or shimmed or pulled

thanks

mace

Shaking or shimmying is not caused by alignment. Bad tire wear could be caused by a bad alignment and then maybe you'd get a shake from the tires.

Alignment will cause a pull, drift, dog tracking, off center steering wheel, additional strain on parts, and usually tire wear. Other things can cause tire wear like worn suspension parts, but in the case of both front tires wearing on the inside edges alignment is most likely off. Now it could just simply be off, or something could be bent or worn causing it to be off, so make sure you check it out before alignment. A decent tech would do this anyway.

No steering wheel off center and even with the tire wear it didnt bounce around.

I'm kinda anal when it comes to buying things and yes the inside tires were worn but there was still tread but you could see the wear..I would guess 2-3/32nds more that the rest of the the tire.

What I find weird id the rear were ..for lack of a better term.. is the front tires were more of a street tire and the rears more of a road/off road tire.

All were the same correct size but different brands and type.

If i were doing the tires I would replace all 4 with same brand and type..but that's me

mace