2006 Lotus Exige. Track-Prepared.

Draco-REX

I know I'm gonna catch shit for this, but....

The Basics:

2006 Lotus Exige

Black

18K Miles

Lots of mods

$37,500/OBO

The Details:

It's been a great couple years. The Exige was one of my dream cars, but I just didn't fall in love with it as much as I thought I would. I also want to start a new SCCA RallyCross build. So it's time to say goodbye to a great car.

36168224686_2cbfc6a593_b.jpg

From what I have gathered, this car started life in Nevada and was rapidly set up for track work. It's still street legal, but it isn't very comfortable. The cage is built throughout the entire car, from the front of the chassis to the rear. It is also plumbed/wired for an on board extinguisher system. I removed the bottle because it had expired, but I still have all the brackets to put it in the passenger footwell. Additionally the brakes were replaced with an AP Racing big brake kit with 4-pot calipers front and rear. And the engine was fitted with a Bemani baffled oil pan. I do not know if the gas tank is baffled. The suspension consists of the Lotus Track Pack Bilstein adjustable coilovers and a Blackwatch Racing HD Sway bar (I still have the Lotus adjustable sway bar). The rear tow links are upgraded and braced.

Some amenities have been removed. There is no A/C or heat, only vented air through the center vents. The central locking was removed to make room for the door bars. The stock 3-point belts are gone. And the windshield washer bottle was removed.

27191902985_6ab0cf29fc_b.jpg

The engine was supercharged with a KATANA supercharger by a previous owner and I verified it's power at a local dyno shop. It put down 218rwhp with AFRs rock steady in the mid 12s. I also added a GRP intake, and switched the Stage 2 muffler (still have) for a Sector111 TRACKpipe when I went to the Difflow diffuser (still have the stock diffuser). It still has the stock catalytic converter and manifold, and evap system, so it should pass emissions tests. And the TRACKpipe is loud enough to be heard, but should pass track sound limits (unlike the Stage 2).

217rwhp:

216rwhp:

218rwhp:

It came with the LSS wheels in black, but I recently upgraded to Team Dynamics wheels and much larger tires. The tires only have 2 autocross events on them and maybe 200 miles. The LSS wheels have aged and worn R888s which really aren't worth anything.

36168219576_309711ddb6_b.jpg

35373556464_744d445557_b.jpg

The body is in good condition, the paint is ok; this was used on the track and it shows. But it runs, drives, and handles exceptionally. This is a fantastic car for someone looking for a dedicated racer.

More Pics:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4199/34111376914_7ef1690b42_b.jpg (with LSS wheels)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1597/26532097132_3e6f9e208d_b.jpg (shortly after buying it, external extinguisher button still present)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7720/27158462886_0fea47eecb_b.jpg (original diffuser and Stage 2 exhaust)

Mod list:

Drivetrain:

KATANA Supercharger.

GRP Intake w/ K&N Filter

Bemani baffled oil pan

Sector111 TRACKpipe exhaust (Lotus Stage 2 off car)

Lug Stud conversion

Chassis:

Full front to rear cage with double door bars.

On-board extinguisher system with 6 nozzles, needs new bottle.

Lotus Track Pack suspension, single-adjustable w/ pre-load adjustment and adjustable sway bar

Blackwatch Racing SCCA HD sway bar on car.

AP Racing BBK with 4-pot calipers at all 4 wheels and 2-piece rotors.

Difflow Railer Jr. diffuser (still have stock)

Upgraded toe links and brace (not sure on brand, not stock)

Exterior:

Folding front tow loop

Low beam HID conversion

Carbon Fiber access panels

Raceview CF mirrors (still have OE)

Rear BBHook2 tow loop

Sector111 rear panel delete

Interior:

Personal F1 Alcantara steering wheel

Bell Works detachable steering wheel hub

CROW 5-point Cam-lock harnesses

DBW Pedals

Wheels/Tires:

Lotus LSS wheels (old R888s mounted)

Team Dynamics wheels ( 16x7+30 Fr, 17x9+38 Rr)

BFG Rival S 1.5 tires (215/45-16 Fr, 255/40-17 Rr, New)

Edited by Draco-REX

I've heard these cars are extremely capable but difficult for an average driver to drive fast; sounds familiar. Good luck with your sale Draco. Hopefully someone that likes a challenge decides on yours or someone that likes cars and coffee.

I've heard these cars are extremely capable but difficult for an average driver to drive fast; sounds familiar. Good luck with your sale Draco. Hopefully someone that likes a challenge decides on yours or someone that likes cars and coffee.

I certainly was learning something every time I took it to an AutoCross.

The nice thing about this car is that, despite it being a rear-heavy mid-engined car, it doesn't bite you in the corners. Even with worn, hard R888s and the stock lotus track suspension when the rear end let go it was easily catchable. So while it doesn't have anything that can cover your mistakes, it doesn't punish you for them either.

I can see putting together the perfect lap around Mid Ohio and feeling like an absolute hero because you'd know that it was all your own skill.

• 4 weeks later...