2014 Jeep Cherokee Shifter Assembly

Sully

I have a 2014 Cherokee Limited that my wife drives. A few weeks ago, she spilled coffee in the car. It ran down the shifter area and shorted out part of the circuit board that is part of the shifter assembly. We took it into the dealership to double-check, and sure enough, the shifter assembly needs to be replaced. They want almost $800 to replace it, parts & labor. I'm assuming more than half of that amount is labor. I can't spend that kind of money. The part is on back order and will take several weeks to get in. I know how to remove the shifter knob and lift up the cover around it, but not sure how to completely remove that cover. Does anyone have any step-by-step on replacing the shifter assembly. I have worked on a lot of vehicles over my many years, but just need a bit of direction on replacing the shifter so that I don't break something and make matters worse. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!!

DId you order the part? If so lmk when it arrives and I can come lend you a hand in replacing it if your just in canal

I haven't yet. I figured I'd just see if I can find some guides or something to see if it's even something I want to tackle. I guess my biggest fear is that the entire center console would have to come out, and I don't know if I really want to do all of that. If it doesn't, then it shouldn't be too difficult to do, with some direction. If I do, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer!