2019 Corvette ZR1

BStowers023

From the front it looks like a wanna-be ACR (I'm talking the headlights). Anyway, a lot of this car will be borrowed from the SRT playbook because they're playing catch up to a 2017 model year Dodge. Two years late and sporting a 10-speed automatic transmission too.

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/69/74/1700668124-But-thats-none-of-my-business.jpg

I have no doubt it will be fast. It will be faster at Nürburgring and many other high speed courses at home. It will not take every title, probably not even half of them here in the States. It's good to see Chevy creating more competition among incredible cars that cost less than the general populations lifetime earnings.

But until it grabs half the titles from the ACR in 2021 I say "aero bowtie lol :gabe:"

From the front it looks like a wanna-be ACR (I'm talking the headlights). Anyway, a lot of this car will be borrowed from the SRT playbook because they're playing catch up to a 2017 model year Dodge. Two years late and sporting a 10-speed automatic transmission too.

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/69/74/1700668124-But-thats-none-of-my-business.jpg

I have no doubt it will be fast. It will be faster at Nürburgring and many other high speed courses at home. It will not take every title, probably not even half of them here in the States. It's good to see Chevy creating more competition among incredible cars that cost less than the general populations lifetime earnings.

But until it grabs half the titles from the ACR in 2021 I say "aero bowtie lol :gabe:"

What 2017 model dodge are you referring to?

What 2017 model dodge are you referring to?

I would assume the Demon. And yeah bruh, I know they are "two different types of cars, blah blah whatevercakes..." but the number everyone is going to look at says that dodge is winning. Take that for what it's worth.

I agree with Meeler...but is that a bad thing that the Viper forced Corvette engineers/brass to step up their game significantly???

2018 Mustang GT comes with 460hp factory. Probably wouldn't be doing that if the Camaro/Challenger weren't doing the same. #MAGA

I absolutely think this car will take most of not all the ACR records. The Corvette team knew the targets. That being said, this is a waaaay better all around car, not a trac-only car like the Viper ACR. What exactly does someone think the Viper will do faster than the ZR1? It has way more power, similar weight and, I would have to assume it will have higher levels of grip. At the end of the day, it will be close to the ACR almost everywhere and will be more forgiving day-to-day. Kudos to Dodge for raising the bar.

I absolutely think this car will take most of not all the ACR records. The Corvette team knew the targets. That being said, this is a waaaay better all around car, not a trac-only car like the Viper ACR. What exactly does someone think the Viper will do faster than the ZR1? It has way more power, similar weight and, I would have to assume it will have higher levels of grip. At the end of the day, it will be close to the ACR almost everywhere and will be more forgiving day-to-day. Kudos to Dodge for raising the bar.

As it turns out, the zr1 fell extremely short in down-force produced when compared to the Viper ACR. So, we'll have to see if the power and grip actually make up for this short coming on shorter/less fast courses. I suspect it won't be enough to take majority.

As it turns out, the zr1 fell extremely short in down-force produced when compared to the Viper ACR. So, we'll have to see if the power and grip actually make up for this short coming on shorter/less fast courses. I suspect it won't be enough to take majority.

This makes sense - I just think that everyone knows the car that it will be compared to and that car is a few years old. If they can’t beat it I think is is a big miss by Team Corvette. The numbers that are being rumored about the track times it has put down are crazy (eg 2.5 seconds faster than the Z06 with Z07 package around VIR- I think)

This makes sense - I just think that everyone knows the car that it will be compared to and that car is a few years old. If they can’t beat it I think is is a big miss by Team Corvette. The numbers that are being rumored about the track times it has put down are crazy (eg 2.5 seconds faster than the Z06 with Z07 package around VIR- I think)

The 2016 ACR was 1.5 seconds faster than the z06. We'll see if the zr1 can indeed top it. Also, I don't know that anyone has gone for the record in the 2017 ACR Extreme Edition. It has even crazier aero at work.

The 2016 ACR was 1.5 seconds faster than the z06. We'll see if the zr1 can indeed top it. Also, I don't know that anyone has gone for the record in the 2017 ACR Extreme Edition. It has even crazier aero at work.

I am actually wondering if Chevy doesn’t do an “Extreme Edition”...maybe a ZR1 1LE? I’m all seriousness, scrap all of the high tech goodies (heated/cooled seats, removable top, sound insulation, blah blah) and go all out. This is supposed to be less hard core than the Z06 to live with but is just faster.

The other article I read said the car is “conservatively rated” at 755hp and that this is not one of those “peak power plays” as the LT5 has more power everywhere over the LT4. One of the engineers remarked “wait until you see the power curve on the LT5”

Curious if there is an abortion with a bow tie that Casey couldnt spin into a positive? You're getting pretty skilled at it, well done.

Probably not :)

I have posted some positive things on other makes too - I love cars of all types.

I note you don’t mention Miller with his Viper allegiances but I will let that go

Chebby jez needs to contract a tire company to make them a speshul superstar-record-edition cheatertire to get em over the hump. It's okay if they only last 30 laps, becauz the magazines and internetz will only see the headlines anyways

Probably not :)

I have posted some positive things on other makes too - I love cars of all types.

I note you don’t mention Miller with his Viper allegiances but I will let that go

He's owned a Dodge, Mercedes, Ford, posche and Dodge.

You: gm fbody, gm suburban, gm 5th gen.

His bias is just grabbing hold, yours is as rooted as rymers thriftiness.

Chebby jez needs to contract a tire company to make them a speshul superstar-record-edition cheatertire to get em over the hump. It's okay if they only last 30 laps, becauz the magazines and internetz will only see the headlines anyways

:lol:

I do laugh whenever I see some car - like the Camaro Z28 - sporting dem 20TW P-Zero Trofeo R tires.

"Here's your fastest lap time. Try not to touch the tir...dammit! I told you not to touch the tire! Good luck getting that sticky compound off your hands.

Oh, also...try not to drive for more than 150 miles on the highway or else you'll be down to the steel belts." :rolleyes: