Smart Thermostat rebate deals

Gergwheel1647545492

I just got a smart thermostat and it'll end up costing me $49. If you have Columbia gas and AEP you can get the same deal, you can actually pay less if you want to go with a cheaper thermostat too.

Buy one of these:

http://www.energyfederation.org/columbiagasohio/thermostats-1/wi-fi-heating-ac-1.html

Then go to AEP rebate page and get the rebate:

http://www.aepohio.com/save/residential/programs/ApplianceRebateProgram.aspx

I did the Nest Thermostat E deal for $19 ($75 rebate!) but when I got it I used the online compliance site and it ended up not being compatible with my furnace???

Just sent an email this morning to EFI, to start the refund process. :(

Get the Ecobee 4. Far more robust and seemless to integrate. We have ours integrated into Alexa for complete control via voice. It's done an amazing job keeping the two upper levels of our home within 1 degree of one another even on the hottest days thanks to the use of multiple sensors.

Get the Ecobee 4. Far more robust and seemless to integrate. We have ours integrated into Alexa for complete control via voice. It's done an amazing job keeping the two upper levels of our home within 1 degree of one another even on the hottest days thanks to the use of multiple sensors.

This is what i bought, glad to hear a good review of it. I mainly went this route for the other room sensors that you can add. Bedroom is always hotter in the summer and cooler in the winter since its upstairs.

I also have an EcoBee (mine is a 3) that's paired to my Echo (Alexa). Seriously love it. As if pulling out my phone to change my thermostat isn't easy enough, now I can just shout out what temperature I want my house to be and boom, it changes it. Laziness at it's peak.

So those of you with the Alexa Ecobee, is it the full version of Alexa or just a version so i can tell it to turn the temp down/up?

full blown alexa just like their small hockey puck size units. You simply link it to your prime account as normal. I put the new Eco 4 in our family room thus no longer needing a seperate Alexa unit there. I put the older Eco 3 I installed in the spring in my garage to control the heating system I upgraded there last year.

we love our Nests, we do the CO2 alarms as well. ordered a nest E just to have for the future because at $19 how do you not...

The nest smoke and CO combined units work great for sure. For those that haven't used them just beware they do a monthly sound-check which if you're not expecting can catch you off-guard for a bit. LOL!

From the links in the first post... you buy it through columbia gas for $124 then get a $75 rebate from AEP.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yeah strange though, the price went up to $174 when I just checked the link. I got it yesterday for $124, then minus the $75 rebate?

I didn't purchase the Ecobee4 when I first saw this thread, and now that the price is up I'm kicking myself.

I'm thinking you could go to Best Buy, purchase it for $202, complete the $75 Columbia Gas rebate form, and the $75 AEP rebate form and you are back down to $52+ tax.

Tom

I didn't purchase the Ecobee4 when I first saw this thread, and now that the price is up I'm kicking myself.

I'm thinking you could go to Best Buy, purchase it for $202, complete the $75 Columbia Gas rebate form, and the $75 AEP rebate form and you are back down to $52+ tax.

Tom

seems like it should work, just have to do the double rebates like you said.