Favorite Car You've Owned

BStowers023

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without question, my 1979 Police Edition Impala Wagon. The "Beast" was a tank and with the cam, headers, shift kit and full dual exhaust, that car was a blast. Mainly because I hauled around so many people in that car at 100 mph everywhere. Was a great road trip car and that trek down to King's Island for grad night my senior year was a great time. I'd love to find another wagon to do some day. Edited by TimTaylor75

I loved my Mazdaspeed Protégé. 2800 lbs with great low end torque and a great handling chassis. The weak point was definitely the engine though. 6.5 psi factory and would still go zoom-zoom-boom.

Damn. This is tough. I've had a love/hate for pretty much every vehicle I've owned. Started out loving it and then ended up hating it toward the end of ownership for one reason or another. I think at this point though, probably my previous 2 or 3 vehicles. I had an 04 F150, 99 T/A, and 91 CRX. Sold them because I was getting married. Biggest mistake ever.

My first car. Special to me for many reasons but from a guy growing up in the 80's is was definitely the cool factor back then. Sure, other guys has Monte SS's and Knight Rider T/A's but I had 1 of 2500 with the Hurst Shifter, crushed velour and T-Tops. Did I say I love the 80's? :)

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/116953123/original.jpg

As a first car!? Dude... gotta see your hair style that went with this ride! ;)

Much love though, there was some terrible shit made in the 80s but they all had FLARE!

I've owned a ton of stuff, but this will always be my favorite. It was the first car to make me focus on cornering, and now that is the only reason I will purchase other cars.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/406622492.jpg

The GT3 is my absolute favorite car of all time. I distinctly remember reading about them when they came out in 99 and then drooled over them in 04 when they finally came to the states. Owning one has been a dream come true and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

That said, I think we tend to overlook our current cars when thinking about favorite all time and give more credit to cars that are no longer with us simply because the option to use them is no longer there. As such right up there at the top with the GT3 would be my old M3. Man I really did love that car.

27275908979_6eccc6c609_z.jpgM3 by Andrew Kutscher, on Flickr

My 1993 3000GT VR4.

What's worse is that I don't even have any good photos left of it. I remember in one of the old Slowmotion Motorsports dyno day videos there was a shot someone took of me driving behind them in their sidemirror. Sold it to buy my B5 S4 and I love that car even more, which is why I still have it over 10 years later.

I still own it, my 1986 Mustang GT. I've now had it for almost 14 years, which is by far the longest I've owned anything. I'll never part with it, it's in my will to my brother. The four eyed 5.0 has always been my favorite car of all time. I just love the headlights and blacked out hood. You almost never see them on the road as well. People are always asking if it's for sale. :lol:

#2 for me is my 2003 Cobra, which I still also own. Tons of streetable power for very little money. Here's an older pic of them with my brother's silver Cobra and my old 1998 Contour SVT:

http://wease.net/Fords/Fords1.JPG

I think my favorite is the BRZ, looking and driving. Didn't love it stock but I love it now. Finally after almost 20 years of car mod'ing I didn't under/over build something. And Ive owned it for over 5 years and don't feel the need to replace it with something which is a good feeling.

My 99 Camaro SS was probably the car I never missed and maybe should have? It made ok noises but I always felt it missed the mark on many accounts.

The Impala SS was the first car I fell in love with. When I bought the 94 I bought everything I could about that car as well. I have a model I have not built yet. I bought prints of all the magazine ads they ever ran. The problem was the car had been rode hard when I bought it, so it eventually started deteriorating faster than I was interested in keeping up with. My 95 Camaro is a close second. That was the first fun car I ever bought. That one I won't sell (I have FAR too much money wrapped up in it).

My 1993 3000GT VR4.

What's worse is that I don't even have any good photos left of it. I remember in one of the old Slowmotion Motorsports dyno day videos there was a shot someone took of me driving behind them in their sidemirror. Sold it to buy my B5 S4 and I love that car even more, which is why I still have it over 10 years later.

Ok as a 3S (3000GT and Stealth term) I've got to ask, what makes you miss this car? I've driven the wheels off my '92 RT/TT for more than a decade and a half but I still don't feel much of an "emotional" connection to it, possibly due to the terror I always know is coming when something snaps/spins/breaks.

Tough choice as I have owned many cars that I regretted selling/getting rid of. My top 3 are:

#1 1988 IROC-Z 350. I met most of OG CR with this car. Bought it after my first car was totaled and absolutely loved this car. Was already modified when I bought it but I added a few more things and really learned a lot about wrenching on this car. I also had an epic race against Kenny and the Cark, we were literally fender to fender the entire race before he squeaked ahead at the end. All of my greatest car related memories were made owning this car. Sadly some idiot plowed into the back of the car at a stop light on Sawmill and totaled it.

#2 1987 Buick Grand National. Bought this car nearly 15 years ago when I was in the military living in Florida and still own it. The previous owner had torn the engine down, lost interest and sold it to me for a steal. I spent the next month or so putting the engine back together with a good friend of mine who passed away a couple of years later. Made the mistake of selling the car to Anthony and it never felt right. Bought the car back and have been plotting its return to the streets. The sentimental value of this car are beyond what anyone could ever offer me for it as the two people who helped me the most with this car have passed away (Kenny and my military friend) I will never sell it and will be buried in this car.

#3. 2013 CTS-V Wagon. Never wanted to sell this car but life circumstances had other plans. I went in and special ordered this car to exactly what I wanted, I always felt the car was built for me. I have talked to many people who remember the car and most have said they have never seen another one. If I could go back and do more to keep the car I would have. I sold it to a guy in Kentucky and if I ever find myself able to I would try to buy it back.

My current White Rx7 is my favorite. It’s all of the good parts and lessons learned from my first one. It’s a base model with no sunroof and no spoiler and black interior which is just what I wanted. It being white with black interior and one of the most rare and sought after combos is icing on the cake. Ive also been able to go faster than before on relatively the same setup as my previous one and turn some heads as I now have started running really sticky rubber.

That being said...I still have guilt sometimes that I killed the first one Janky. I think it just feels like unfinished business in that with that car I really made the biggest growth myself as a driver on track over the 7 years of ownership and was able to surprise a lot of people with what an old Mazda can do. Since the drivetrain is all pretty much in the new car I like to think I’m continuing that tradition.

RIP Janky

Also a shoutout to my e36 M3 which was the first car I ever took on track and lived through 4-season daily duty and track work. It was a German beast and underrated.

mine is a gutted 67 VW bug that I paid 300 bucks for to drop my engine/trans in. 1915cc with Gene Berg crank, 44x37 values with a ton of head work by Lehua VW, I think an engle 140 cam with 1.25 pauter rockers, everything balanced in the engine, 48 ida webbers, straight cut gears, and close ratio transmission. I still regret selling it to this day.

I've owned and built a lot of fun shit. All were great for one reason or another. Not sure I can pick one as the "all out" favorite, but the Colt V1 in one way or another directed the rest of my life. When I was actively racing it from 03-06, it was about the most day to day car-fun I have had. We where literally out racing 2 or more times every week during the summer. Multiple trips to C bus to battle team Linn/Tilley/Sam. Mutile IFO wins where we would take the cash right to the clubs and rage all weekend. Crazy to say, but crashing was quite the reality check-and in turn it free'd up my weekends, which led me to bartend- which led me to meet my wife whom was a co-worked with the same ambition, and eventually my career in banking though a chance meeting that would never have happened if I was still out in Mexico every weekend

The car was part of so many good memories. Although I have had a few faster and many nicer, I can honestly say my life literally would not be the same without it.

Salute'

thecolt-M.jpg