4Motion Sportwagen FTW!

o0n8

Picked up my new car tonight. My Mazda wagon decided to eject another spark plug so I decided it was time to move on. I wanted another wagon with heated seats so I got a '17 Golf S Sportwagen 4 Motion. Couldn't find one with 3 pedals so DSG it is. Not a bad thing for a daily and I still have the Miata in the garage. It has more torque and high MPG's than the Mazda had.

I got over $6k off sticker after adding in the extended warranty VW is offering to match the warranty for the'18 models. I'm happy with the deal I got.

26239192_10101918840879797_5989777427111839830_n.jpg?oh=37b2b82740518d940d696107311bfd3b&oe=5AE9C403

Plan on tinting the windows before summer.

Thanks everyone

Nice. I do miss the Audis DSG. I think you'll grow to like it more each day. I met up with the new owner and drove it the other day which didn't help

I test drove a couple GTI's and an alltrack. Was impressed with the paddle shifting and since it's a daily it will be nice to just have it in drive.

Congrats! I just picked up a 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL TDI with DSG a few weeks ago myself.

Nice!

I got over $6k off sticker after adding in the extended warranty VW is offering to match the warranty for the'18 models. I'm happy with the deal I got.

Jesus, you'd think you were buying an American car. :lol: Is VW still struggling to sell vehicles? I've seen a whole bunch of new Atlas's on the streets.

Jesus, you'd think you were buying an American car. :lol: Is VW still struggling to sell vehicles? I've seen a whole bunch of new Atlas's on the streets.

It was assembled in Mexico just like many American cars are so...

Plus hangover from diesel gate, 2017 model, Americans need for all things big and inefficient (SUV's) probably all lead to a nice discount for a wagon.

It was assembled in Mexico just like many American cars are so...

Plus hangover from diesel gate, 2017 model, Americans need for all things big and inefficient (SUV's) probably all lead to a nice discount for a wagon.

Correct, VW is trying to dump the 2017 models so they can push the 2018 with the 6 year 72k warranty. IIRC they cant really market that warranty until the vast majority of the 2017's are off the lot.

I had tried to work a deal on a 2017 Alltrack SEL with DAP and Lighting package and was offered it for 8K off MSRP but I ended up getting my TDI at a much better deal thanks to the diesel gate.

Ive seen people getting up to 10K off MSRP out the door including taxes

Funny thing is, VW is offering to match the 2018 warranty for a fraction of the savings. And it's not like the 2018 is any different than the 2017 model. About $15 extra a month for an extra 3 years and 36k miles of coverage directly form VW seemed like a good deal to me.

These are neat cars. my wife and I were considering one as a replacement for the audi but she wants the alltrek version. Finding stick ones has not been hard at all so I am surprised you went with the DSG.

I don't like all the plastic cladding or the increased wheel gap for the alltrack. I wouldn't turn one down if I got the same price but wouldn't be my first choice.

Maybe because I wanted red it was harder to find a 4 motion with a manual? I know you can find the FWD S out there but they don't have heated seats.