It's winter and I'm bored

Cordell

Hey I'll be out with the UFO folks this year, already have a car sitting here with new shoes on it for the 2018 season to come play with ya'll :)

Good, ps any alignment specials going on?

vgQfBmC.png

I can handle that.

Wow... what a surprise! Right from the Owners Manual, lol

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=923&pictureid=9055

Oh snap.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... what a surprise! Right from the Owners Manual, lol

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=923&pictureid=9055

he means one of these:

http://www.farmofminds.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/RX8-race.jpg

for when you stop fighting the RX8's true nature as agricultural equipment and allow it to plow the infield. LOL.

Seriously though, drag your ass to the UFO auto-x and run the car already. I mean you bought pink coil overs to use them so use them already.

Seriously though, drag your ass to the UFO auto-x and run the car already. I mean you bought pink coil overs to use them so use them already.

I know, I was being deliberately funny... Anyways... I believe the last time I as at a MBC Autocross (which was last year) I was struggling with grip and my cars ambitions of becoming a farmer got the better of it. Somewhere coming out of the oval I lost grip, spun out, and drifted ~20 feet into the grass. Took me a while, but I shoveled it all back up. The part I find crazy is that with all these torque jokes, I found it quite easy to spin the tires all day, haha. (that last sentence was designed to be semi humorous, yet factual... I could not find grip at all)

Anyways... I attended two autocross last year with MBC and I plan on doing a few more this year. I have new rear rubber and I finally installed the rear sway bar, so I got that going for me.

I honestly don't care that i'm slow... I truly do smile out there when I drive the entire time and that's what maters most to me. Coming full circle to what OP was talking about... Just go out there and have fun. People are going to be people and there is nothing you can do about it. If you enjoy the idea of Autocross then participate just like the rest of us... If you prefer to live your life 1 quarter mile at a time, then NTR is down south waiting for you. :)

Coming full circle to what OP was talking about... Just go out there and have fun. People are going to be people and there is nothing you can do about it. If you enjoy the idea of Autocross then participate just like the rest of us... If you prefer to live your life 1 quarter mile at a time, then NTR is down south waiting for you. :)

So you're the only one in here who apparently hasn't seen me autocross, I ran with WOR-SCCA a few times last year and I also hit up Corvette's of Troy, but I've had plenty going on so I didn't go as much as I would've liked. I liked the Kart track much better when I had a Miata, but tight little autocrosses are not overly fun in a Corvette. Honestly I miss Columbus Motor Speedway, so I did the next best thing and ran at Kilkare.

If you read the title of this thread and noticed that I put it in the Kitchen, then you should realize that it was meant to stir shit. I do however find it funny how autocrossers are not nearly the gearheads that drag racers are. The majority of drag racers are much more into modding, and I tend to have more in common with those guys because I am an Automotive Technician by trade. The majority of autocrossers are enthusiasts, even the rules are catered toward stock and lightly modded cars. UFO felt more like drag racers until Miller and Aaron got into it, then CMS closed, then they teamed up with Porsche club (I have had crappy experiences with them both times I ran with them, and I don't like them at all), so I lost most interest in it all together.

Trails isn't South for hardly anyone on this board either, has anyone ever told you how stupid you sound online?

So you're the only one in here who apparently hasn't seen me autocross, I ran with WOR-SCCA a few times last year and I also hit up Corvette's of Troy, but I've had plenty going on so I didn't go as much as I would've liked. I liked the Kart track much better when I had a Miata, but tight little autocrosses are not overly fun in a Corvette. Honestly I miss Columbus Motor Speedway, so I did the next best thing and ran at Kilkare.

If you read the title of this thread and noticed that I put it in the Kitchen, then you should realize that it was meant to stir shit. I do however find it funny how autocrossers are not nearly the gearheads that drag racers are. The majority of drag racers are much more into modding, and I tend to have more in common with those guys because I am an Automotive Technician by trade. The majority of autocrossers are enthusiasts, even the rules are catered toward stock and lightly modded cars. UFO felt more like drag racers until Miller and Aaron got into it, then CMS closed, then they teamed up with Porsche club (I have had crappy experiences with them both times I ran with them, and I don't like them at all), so I lost most interest in it all together.

Trails isn't South for hardly anyone on this board either, has anyone ever told you how stupid you sound online?

Cordell, you're grasping at straws my man. How many autocrosses have you attended in the last 5 years? half a dozen? Most of us do twice that a year, with multiple groups, and have no problems.

If you'd like to write specifics about UFO and how we can improve, please do so. Always looking to get better.

I will agree that CMS was more fun than CRP, but that was a shit sandwich for all of us. I tried to get other venues, lot out towards Marysville, called NTR also with no reply. CRP is our only spot right now and with the way we run it, which is only apex cones on corners and slalom on the back straight, it's nowhere as confined as other clubs.

Even though you took a big shit on UFO, myself included, you're welcome to come out and see if you can break mid pack.

UFO felt more like drag racers until Miller and Aaron got into it, then CMS closed, then they teamed up with Porsche club (I have had crappy experiences with them both times I ran with them, and I don't like them at all), so I lost most interest

Cordell are you saying you liked UFO until Aaron and I got into it or until we teamed up with Porsche club? I can read your statement both ways.

Aww; I couldn't get a baseline with the Viper because it was all donuts and DNF'S [emoji6]

All them cylinders and no tires :fa:

Cordell are you saying you liked UFO until Aaron and I got into it or until we teamed up with Porsche club? I can read your statement both ways.

All them cylinders and no tires :fa:

I think you both know that we aren't friends, and quite honestly we have both turned a deaf ear to each other. I liked it better when it was a relaxed atmosphere where I didn't have to work and could spend time hanging out between runs. The Porsche club just makes it worse. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad with you guys but the 2 PCA events I've been to in the past were a disaster and I was running all over the place after cones because nobody was there while the organizers just stood there bullshitting instead of helping. After that I swore I'd never go back.

I do enough autocrossing for me every season, just because you (Aaron) want to do it all the time doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me only going 5-6 times. I don't get much out of it. I'm not sure what it would take for me to enjoy it more.

I think you both know that we aren't friends, and quite honestly we have both turned a deaf ear to each other. I liked it better when it was a relaxed atmosphere where I didn't have to work and could spend time hanging out between runs. The Porsche club just makes it worse. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad with you guys but the 2 PCA events I've been to in the past were a disaster and I was running all over the place after cones because nobody was there while the organizers just stood there bullshitting instead of helping. After that I swore I'd never go back.

I do enough autocrossing for me every season, just because you (Aaron) want to do it all the time doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me only going 5-6 times. I don't get much out of it. I'm not sure what it would take for me to enjoy it more.

Nope, I think you read that wrong. Considering I chatted with you in person most times I saw you at the track. And offered you real advice on this forum many times that I doubt you've considered. It's cool.

I was at the last UFO/MORPCA event at Circleville and I felt it was very reasonable between a lot of track time (50-55 seconds at a time for me) and enough spotters for cone duty.

Sorry you feel this way to Aaron or Miller, Scott. I had a blast at CMS back when Jones and Doc were running as well, but Circleville's been short but fun for me in the BMW. Looking forward to another season, when I can make it out.

Nope, I think you read that wrong. Considering I chatted with you in person most times I saw you at the track. And offered you real advice on this forum many times that I doubt you've considered. It's cool.

This.