It's winter and I'm bored

Cordell

I'm friendly with Stewart and Rick who run it now and were key organizers back them. In fact, Rick actually bought a Mustang. We had a few conversations about this very topic and he said they had plans on opening it up again.

So, basically... what you are telling me is that the same "autocross fags" and "dickheads" that OP was calling out, lied to me about the details to make you look bad?

my face when...

Bedi-7lIUAAkhRL.jpg

I actually took the liberty of going back to watch the Drone footage from that day... If memory serves me correct you drive an Orange (competition orange) Mustang? If so, I can see your Mustang parked off the the side on the track. that day... but the footage is from the afternoon session so i'm a little confused. Might not be "your" Mustang, but whatever...

Good to know the truth TBH... I only typed what I was told, and from what I saw the story checked out. Sounds like I was lied too on the details... My apologies for any hurt feelings.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your agenda is with these last couple of posts and giant attitude, but you can believe whoever you like.

No agenda I assure you... come find me at Cars and Coffee sometime. I often find text far to difficult to convey emotion or meaning.

TL;DR...

• Up until a few hours ago... the story I typed was what I believed based off what I saw
  • I believe what you have said and have changed my opinions on what ACTUALLY happened
  • I apologize for any anger, hurt feelings, or other emotions my post might have caused you
  • I used the language I did because this is the Kitchen... it seems to be what all the other folks do here... So I thought I would give it a go
  • My original intentions were to only use that day as the only example I have ever seen where something negative happened at a BMC autocross.
  • I do not agree that the group is an "in" crowd. from my experience they are very accepting of non-members and members alike.

I guess my memory is less dull from my love of BMC so I'll put to rest the elaborations and share actual details from what transpired at this infamous "walk out" event. You can even quote this cool story and share it with them, I don't care.

Leading up to the autocross there was a lot of shit talk between several of us on this board and BMC regulars. It built over the course of the season and spilled over multiple channels of internet and in-person interactions.

A semi-friendly challenge came of this and it was planned to see how everyone stacked up. Let me preface things: you can look at BMC time sheets from 2014-2016 and find someone on this forum in a podium position every single time. There's some fast people. Ironically, the day of this showdown the course was so favorably catered to small cars that very few of those fast people could get a run together...hmmmmmm Who the fuck puts a chicago box on a go kart track? :lolguy: The Mustangs and other large cars were almost long enough to touch the entry cone and pivot cone at the same time. That shit was WEAK.

Several people not even affiliated with either group complained about the course. Aaron and Rymer asked for their money back because it wasn't any fun. Some BMC people talked shit about Aaron when he left. They made sure there was no competition that day. That's that.

Miatas lol

Edited by Miller

Civic>Viper>mustang>porka>corvette>miata>RX8

Robochan... Going for the spicy list! :lol::lol::lol:

When that V-Tech kicks in bro!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071019141512/uncyclopedia/images/7/7b/Vtec_kick_in_yo.jpg

As a big car driver and a someone who ran nearly every event with them last year I can totally see the argument against their course design. That facility is designed for Go-Karts and the addition of cones to tighten up transitions and turns makes it even more difficult. There were several events where it was all I could do to either keep it off the grass or off the cones, sometimes both all while turning in pretty much the slowest laps in the "A" Class.

Is the course design catered to their small little nimble lower powered cars? Absolutely! But, it's their club and I've always appreciated their inclusiveness on allowing others to just show up and "run what they brung". There was at least one race last year that was more opened up and allowed some of us bigger powered folk to get aggressive, however almost the entire season I drove the entire course in second gear.

But.... I'll be back again this year out there mixing it up with them!

Nah m8, you've missed the point. It came right at ya like a baseball, your glove open and ready, then ya moved your hand and let it smack your sack.

The course is always tight, despite that fact the boys mostly, often and always deliver... Now, the one time there was any real stakes/bragging rights on the line the course design is impossibly tight with a chicago box? Seems a little suspish if ya ask me. If what I'm suggesting is still unclear I'll go a little further.

Anyway, I don't race BMC anymore. I try to follow other groups that have speed or a strong talent pool. BMC has a shortage of both.

Cordell, who exactly is this thread directed towards? The way I see it there are the UFO guys, the BMC guys and everyone else. When you had your Miata back in 2014 I remember very clearly the miata members speaking highly of your times and driving. So it leads me to believe you're talking about UFO. And then I'm like "nah everyone likes those guys".

Dragway 42>anything anywhere else>trails>BMC>RX8

I'm already tired of driving 90 minutes and paying fiddy bux to go straight, right 90 degrees, left 90degrees, more straight, slalom in the straight, left 90 degrees, left 90 degrees, then finish

I'm already tired of driving 90 minutes and paying fiddy bux to go straight, right 90 degrees, left 90degrees, more straight, slalom in the straight, left 90 degrees, left 90 degrees, then finish

AutoX lol

So mant great track day opportunities out there now.