WTB: Gun safe or if anyone knows best place/time to get one?

bucd

Hello all,

I'm looking for 1 and potential 2 gun safes. 1 for riffles, would like one that's fireproof rated, don't need to be too big, just need to fit a couple riffles and some pistols. Possibly another small one that I can keep in room for a couple pistols. Would like them to be keypad lock.

Let me know. Not when to look for best deals, so if you have advice for that, that would work as well.

thanks in advance.

-D

The consumer grade "fireproof" ones are just lined with drywall. The nice ones are $3k and up with aluminum sheets sandwiched between 1/4" steel and fire proof air tight doors.

I really like my stack on cabinet.

You should ask yourself what the goal is of the "safe".

If it's just to prevent unauthorized access and the guns are all replaceable use the money on a cheap stack-on cabinet and insure your guns.

If you are trying to preserve irreplaceable items in case of a fire, prepare to spend big.

Watch some youtube videos of people breaking into gun "safes". It's cake.

You should ask yourself what the goal is of the "safe".

If it's just to prevent unauthorized access and the guns are all replaceable use the money on a cheap stack-on cabinet and insure your guns.

If you are trying to preserve irreplaceable items in case of a fire, prepare to spend big.

Watch some youtube videos of people breaking into gun "safes". It's cake.

Yeah pretty much to prevent unauthorized access (kids).

thanks,

-D

The consumer grade "fireproof" ones are just lined with drywall. The nice ones are $3k and up with aluminum sheets sandwiched between 1/4" steel and fire proof air tight doors.

I really like my stack on cabinet.

Thanks for the added info.

-D

Yeah pretty much to prevent unauthorized access (kids).

thanks,

-D

Get a cabelas gun cabinet.

I have this. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cannon-super-wide-body-80-gun-fire-safe

And this. http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/gun-storage/gun-cabinets-racks/pc/104792580/c/104730480/sc/104367780/stack-on-gun-cabinet/708670.uts?slotId=1

The cabelas is just fine for keeping kids out.

The Liberty Centurion series Vance’s sells is also a good entry safe. It’s probably about as good as the Cabelas or TSC. Delivery ads another $100 unless you have help. Also buy as big as you can afford not as big as you need. They tend to fill up fast as never hold as many as advertised. Good luck

The Liberty Centurion series Vance’s sells is also a good entry safe. It’s probably about as good as the Cabelas or TSC. Delivery ads another $100 unless you have help. Also buy as big as you can afford not as big as you need. They tend to fill up fast as never hold as many as advertised. Good luck

Yes unless you are just putting no scoped .22LR's and over and under shotguns these never fill as many as advertised.

Wow. That one from tsc is badass.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Now anyone have experience with the quick access single gun locks?

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006OGNLKA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518137859&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=quick+access+handgun+safe

Yes unless you are just putting no scoped .22LR's and over and under shotguns these never fill as many as advertised.

Depends. I have more than 18 in my cabelas cabinet but I didn’t use the included rifle holders. If you pack em in, it can be filled to the described amount, but it ain’t pretty.

Depends. I have more than 18 in my cabelas cabinet but I didn’t use the included rifle holders. If you pack em in, it can be filled to the described amount, but it ain’t pretty.

I made my own “rifle rods” for less than $10. It really helped with organizing.

I’m not smart enough to post pics. Michaels has 50% off coupons so I got a big thing of Velcro and several dowel rods of different diameters. I cut out some scrap plywood using a hole saw and cut the dowel rods to length. Cut a hole in the center of the circle and glue in the dowel rod. One side the the Velcro goes on top of the safe and I stapled a piece to the circle part. Put the dowel rod down the barrels and stick the end to the top of the safe using the Velcro. They are not as pretty as store bought but the guns don’t care.

• 3 weeks later...