Typical price for a cam and supporting stuff

nurkvinny

I would go with one of the reputable G8 builders, most have a dod delete package, then a separate package with appropriate cam, springs, etc....

Texas speed example:

Pace performance is also good, and in Ohio.

Livernoise is well known but pricier.

Lots of options for the$1,500 and below range.143f6298ddd8b94743601f381bf13cd3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Similar pricing for a 2007 CTS-V? Asking for a friend ;) (6.0L LS3)

Curious if factory intake and exhaust restricts too much power from a streetable-but-lopey cam...

Definitely doesn't restrict it too much for a cam, but if you are moving up to a higher power band, intake/exhaust would help.

Yours is an LS2, it may have LS3 heads like my L76 though.

Pricing would be the same, maybe cheaper because you don't have to eliminate DOD.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Similar pricing for a 2007 CTS-V? Asking for a friend ;) (6.0L LS3)

Curious if factory intake and exhaust restricts too much power from a streetable-but-lopey cam...

Obviously you would want the intake and exhaust upgrades to take full advantage but the stock pieces are not bad. For “the sound”, I think you will likely be disappointed without longtubes - they make a huge difference.

Also, the cost will vary widely depending on the size/manner of cam. You will need a tune for just about any aftermarket cam to operate effectively (don’t forget that cost) and you may need gears/torque converter if you go much more aggressive than stock.

I spent about $1700 on parts. Went with a Texas Speed kit and had them grind the cam. Pat G spec. I wanted streetable in all weather, wife-friendly manners, and all the power I could squeeze without replacing valve springs as often as spark plugs. I've been very happy with his recommendation after almost a year and about 10k miles. Car runs strong and behaves pretty close to stock until I stand on it. I did a trunion upgrade and a few other misc parts while it was apart, so it could be done cheaper.