Any headphone nerds here?

Trouble Maker

Here is a fun little test to see of you and your ears can tell the difference.

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

I was able to get a 4/6 using external speakers. Bet I could get higher with my Klipsch headphones, but your mileage may very. Happy Hunting! ;)

5/6 using earbuds that came with my galaxy or something and my 5 year old laptop's volume set at 30%.

...should I buy better headphones? Srs question.

That's amazing you can get magnetic planers, especially ones that are that well reviewed, for $210 now. But, like you said, I'm in a pretty tight cube farm, so anything buy full closed back is a no-go. I do want to own some Maggies at some point in my life, just out of sheer curiosity.

Biggu, did you notice those new pads reduced isolation or increased leakage at all?

I know I don't need an amp or DAC with the M50s, I kind of just want one. :) It should sound better anyway, even if the impedance and sensitivity of the phones don't demand it. I'd also like some flexibility for other phones in the future that do need an amp.

These are what I ordered, https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Memory-Replacements-Earpads-Headphones/dp/B00MFDX4YO

They do reduce isolation a bit and im sure leakage as well but its not enough to bother me. Now that I have gotten used to the velour pads I cannot go back to the stock pads. One thing I really liked is after wearing the headphones for long hours my ears would get hot, With the new Velour pads this is no longer the case.

Also, if you're going to be playing music from your laptop or computer, look into downloading APO Equalizer. It's a game changer as well.

I forgot exactly what you had said but downloaded this yesterday and messed with it this evening. I was going to come in with the intent of replying, "This is a game changer. Thanks." You had that covered though so I'll just say, "+1".

I forgot exactly what you had said but downloaded this yesterday and messed with it this evening. I was going to come in with the intent of replying, "This is a game changer. Thanks." You had that covered though so I'll just say, "+1".

It's nice, though a bit complicated. I'd also suggest getting the Peace GUI for APO if you're not super technical with Frequencies, dBs, etc. It's just a bare bones Equalizer GUI with lots of presets...no muss no fuss.

It's nice, though a bit complicated. I'd also suggest getting the Peace GUI for APO if you're not super technical with Frequencies, dBs, etc. It's just a bare bones Equalizer GUI with lots of presets...no muss no fuss.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Dad has ran live audio for more than 30 years. I'll have him set it for me if it comes down to that. lol

Finally ordered stuff on Friday, already started trickling in and everything should get here through the week. I'm super excited! Finally went with my original plan, but added the velour ear cups BIGGU; so Audio Techinica ATH-M50x, Schiit Vali 2 & Schit Modi.

Is there a USB cable that will pull power from 1 port but data from another? I've seen these splitter cables, but am unsure how they actually work. I'm worried the Modi will kill my phone battery during the day.