Three Second Barrier Broken On Drag Radials

wagner

To watch this happen last night back to back was just nuts. I've seen this record change a few times in person, but never thought it would get this quick, hell someone might run in the 3.50s this weekend.

To put this in perspective these cars are running as quick, or quicker than a Pro Mod on double the tire and less weight. Micke's car is an older car too, it started life as a VIN tagged car.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/three-second-home-run-derby-radials-sweet-16/

Jesus, that is insane.

I assume the dude in the Mustang was OK? That hit looked brutal.

Broken hand, broken wrist, broken fingers that's it.

Frank's a great guy and it sucks to see that happen. Chassis guy did his job on that car for sure...

These cars are making 4,000 horsepower and just getting that to the track is crazy.

Doing it on a radial is more impressive because how the tire and suspension work. With a slick you want some spin and wheel speed, with a radial you want that bitch to dead hook and stay hooked.

So, if the slick starts to spin you can pedal it to save it, the radial comes unhooked it's over. Keeping that tire planted as the suspension tries to seperate is amazing.

Mark Micke just reset the record 3.623@214!!!

That's just nuts. Looks like a 3.5x could happen this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk

They aren't making any additional power, it's all about using the converter and transmission technology that M&M has developed. The lock-up converters and how they work with the transmissions is how they put all 4,000 horsepower down.

I watched that Malibu 2-step thinking “there’s no fucking way that brick is going to win against that Mustang body...”.

RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPP! :lol::lol:

That is indeed fucking insane. I’ve never seen anything so planted on a drag run. Seriously, are the drivers not BLACKING-OUT on the run?

BTW, there was an ad for E3 spark plugs...shittiest plugs ever. I used them on one of my cars, it felt like a misfire, and I immediately returned them to Jeg’s.

They aren't making any additional power, it's all about using the converter and transmission technology that M&M has developed. The lock-up converters and how they work with the transmissions is how they put all 4,000 horsepower down.
Are they using some new technology in the converters that's making everything work so good together?

Are they using some new technology in the converters that's making everything work so good together?

They got this crazy voodoo lock up technology that allows them to lock a converter up when they want, dumps to help spool turbos on the line, all kinds of stuff.

Its all about how they can bring the power in smash it to the track.

They got this crazy voodoo lock up technology that allows them to lock a converter up when they want, dumps to help spool turbos on the line, all kinds of stuff.

Its all about how they can bring the power in smash it to the track.

Checked out mike micke transmission site. Lotsa voodoo stuff going on with there converters. Way out of my pay range.

Funny how slow it made the truck look-

And the truck went 4.3@161 hanging tire the whole pass.

Guy I work with was watching video when I had it on and commented on how slow the truck was. I just told him to go away.