Genesis G70

RC K9

Could they rip Audi's design off any more? That interior is pretty much copy/paste of the current A4/A5. Front end looks like a Audi, rear looks like a Merc.

I will look so cool driving that with my okey sunglasses on.

hqdefault.jpg

Could they rip Audi's design off any more? That interior is pretty much copy/paste of the current A4/A5. Front end looks like a Audi, rear looks like a Merc.

You have it backwards. Audi ripped off Hyundai.

Audi's grill was always a rounded 4 side rectangle. Hyundai uses a six-sided hexagon rather like an elongated Superman badge. After Peter Schreyer (original designer at Audi and did first TT) left Audi and went to... Kia/Hyundai he refined the brand and widened the grill. Audi soon followed suit and changed from a 4 sided grill to the now hexagonal shape similar to Hyundai/Genesis.

Audi's are FAR more common so I guess folks see more Audis and think they were first but they weren't.

Now, Schreyer did use a lot of A8 interior cues in the G90, especially in the center stack. More elegant in the 90's and a little more techno in the A8.

Better looking with a manual transmission!

I think the manual transmission only comes on the RWD 2.0T though :(

Also, its a smaller car. Less room in the back seat and less cargo/storage/trunk space.

Those would be kind of big factors for me since we have 2 kids.

The positive aside from the ones already mentioned is it supposedly has stiffer suspension than the Stinger. Making it a little more fun on the road. 500lbs lighter could be pretty darn fun, especially if you did the mods listed in that Stinger video I posted and could get this thing to the 450-500whp area.

Audi started this whole large front grille to begin with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Nuvolari_quattro

What did Hyundai's look like in 2003?

http://images.nadaguides.com/Models/400x200/2003-Hyundai-XG350.jpg

Oh, right.

Audi 2006...

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2006/Audi/TT

Will come with a manual: Yay!

Probably only come on the base model: Fuck.

I wonder what the power capabilities will be on a base model. I'm not even turned off by a rwd turbo 4cyl manual trans base model.

Could be fun if it can handle mods/power like a 4g63.

I wonder what the power capabilities will be on a base model. I'm not even turned off by a rwd turbo 4cyl manual trans base model.

Could be fun if it can handle mods/power like a 4g63.

No. I would never own a Hyundai 4 cylinder engine. A V6 or V8, sure. But we fill our shop pickup with scrap 4cyl engines every month.

No. I would never own a Hyundai 4 cylinder engine. A V6 or V8, sure. But we fill our shop pickup with scrap 4cyl engines every month.

Sure, tell me this the day before we pick up my wife's new 1.6l Turbo :p

Haha! Well, we're 95% there. Should be up there in the morning.

Regardless, I would not buy a Kia/Genesis/Hyundai. I cant believe people would paid $50k for one, once again it must be people leasing. All of the newish cars seem to be designed by the same designer.

Regardless, I would not buy a Kia/Genesis/Hyundai. I cant believe people would paid $50k for one, once again it must be people leasing. All of the newish cars seem to be designed by the same designer.

Agreed

Sure, tell me this the day before we pick up my wife's new 1.6l Turbo :p

Haha! Well, we're 95% there. Should be up there in the morning.

The good news is that Hyundai pretty much bends over backwards to cover this stuff. I've seen them replace an engine with 120K miles on it.

As for the $50K Hyundai argument, I'd really recommend taking one for a test drive and looking at it on its own merit, forgetting the badge. They're well made and I don't see any recurring problems with them. I really think the G80 is on par with a BMW 5 series, but $10K less.

But if the badge is important, then yes, it wouldn't be for a 50K buyer until Genesis is as well established as Acura/Infiniti/Lexus.

What seems to be the issue? Are they the turbo-ed engines or the N/As?

Audi started this whole large front grille to begin with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Nuvolari_quattro

What did Hyundai's look like in 2003?

http://images.nadaguides.com/Models/400x200/2003-Hyundai-XG350.jpg

Oh, right.

Not exactly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Chronos

Sounds like they have some excessive oil burn issues on the DI V6's too.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What seems to be the issue? Are they the turbo-ed engines or the N/As?

Both. I've heard two explanations. 1. That the blocks weren't properly cleaned of manufacturing debris before assembly, or 2. The coatings on the bearings were done improperly.

There's a campaign out for the 11-14 Sonata and 13-14 Santa Fe Sport. I wouldn't be surprised if a block of Elantras around the same production period are next.

Sounds like they have some excessive oil burn issues on the DI V6's too.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any V6s come in for oil consumption yet. Some of the 3.8s need the timing chain tensioners replaced, but it's rare.

Either way, I thing the G70 with the 3.3TT will be a pretty good car. Let's just hope they surprise us with a manual V6, AWD or not.