Cordell's C5 -major mods done

Cordell

So this year has been interesting thus far.

On my birthday (April 1st) I had it on the dyno with the following added parts, 3.4 pulley (down from 3.6), CCP Jam Cam, supporting cam swap mods, and Alky meth injection kit. That day did not go as expected because my dumbass thought I'd be okay with the meth, nope, ran out of fuel. Took it home and spent a few weeks figuring out how to make a Walbro 450Lph pump fit in the Corvette tank.

Back on the dyno and it ended up at 680rwhp and 606rwtq. Unfortunately it rained that Saturday and I hit some standing water on the way home, hydro locked the engine, broke 2 connecting rods and windowed the block. That really sucked.

After weighing many options I decided that I didn't want this car any more modded then I had originally planned on and decided to buy a 60k mile used LS6 dropout from a wrecked 2001 Z06. This gave me the better 243 heads and LS6 intake, I swapped the cam and everything else over, LS9 head gaskets and ARP head studs, decided to upgrade to Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes and off-road x-pipe, and a new McCleod RST twin disk.

It hasn't been on the dyno getting retuned, just me conservatively street tuning it, but I put it on Carlyle's dyno Friday night anyway just to see, and it only made 655rwhp and 595rwtq. Looks like the belt may have been slipping a little bit up top, and like I said just street tuning.

Made a few passes a the track, 11.9 at 130.00 so as you can tell it spins a lot. Participated at Street Car Takeover Saturday in the roll racing, wasn't sure what to expect but it was fun. Made a few passes trapping 136mph.

Been a roller coaster year, but it's alive and doing pretty well. Maybe I can leave it alone for now.

Very nice! Sounds fun to me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Update: September 2019

The car broke the trans and diff (since they’re bolted together in the back of the car), exploded the diff and snapped the back of the trans off.

This pissed me off, so I stripped the car down to a roller and sold it. The engine is in my Camaro and everything else got sold to fund my Camaro. I do miss the Vette but it had become a big money pit and I went further then I ever really wanted to. Will probably be looking at C6s or C7s in a couple years, but for now I miss the C5 and will just have to focus on the Camaro.