CarlyleRacing Hellcat vs Demon

LPFSTheFett

Here are our cars a few days ago. Hellcat was flying considering the DA. Demon did about what we expected on the factory nittos. Plan is to put some ETstreet R’s and some skinnies on it for the next trip. Should pick it up considerably!!! We can’t do anything to it till the Crate computer comes in, then the real fun will begin!

https://www.facebook.com/carlyleracing/posts/1859171770802441

Are the tracks giving you any crap about trapping over 135 without a chute? Are they even asking for a license since you're running faster than 9.9? Or do they just not care? Just curious since we're hitting a point where production cars are tickling the limits of starting to need significant safety gear.

Best of the day was a 10.50@130 on the Demon. I was expecting a 10.4, so that’s pretty darn close.

I went low 9’s@150+ 10 years ago with a street car and the care level is about the same. Some tracks care more than others. Some are more willing to let you slide if it’s a private event/track rental. Some don’t want you running out the 1/4 mile, are ok with 1/8th mile hits. Just don’t light the score bored up below 11.50s. Some consider a tire change not stock.

Goal is to get that Demon to 8.99 this year and maintain 100% streerablity like the wife’s Hellcat. Her car is Full Interior, Audio etc... You’d never know driving around what it can do. My guess is most tracks won’t have any part of that though.

You’re just not seeing a lot of these cars smashing into walls. Tire tech, automotive tech has come so far. I actually think it’s more unsafe having cars run on the track in street tires. Would you rather a Hellcat run 11.0 on those tiny radials because it’s bone stock, or that same car run a 10.2 with DR and a few mods? I’ll take the car with Drag Raidals all day.