04 cts-v stabilitrak

blue98ls1

Need some help. I have a 2004 Cts-V. It has had the traction control, abs and brake light come on while driving over 45ish since I bought it. Under 45 the radio display willl occasionally flash that the stabilitrak is enabled and go off. Once you hit 45 it says service stabilitrak and all those lights come on.

I have a Tech 2 style scanner that says it has a code C0281 dynamic rear proportioning. And also a Left and Right front wheel speed sensor code. I have cleared all stored codes and these keep coming back.

I have replaced ALL 4 wheel hubs. The rear passenger CV axle. It has brand new pads/rotors. Calipers are in good shape. I have replaced the PITA brake switch under the brake pedal. The dealership replaced the front brake hoses under warranty last week. I have replaced all broken light bulbs including the third brake light panel on the rear end of the car. And these codes persist. What am I missing?

Check your speed sensors with the tech 2 if you can to see if they read accurately at all times, also don’t quote me but I believe there was also a pcm update like a tsb for the earlier ctsv but I no longer have direct access to check that for you

On those is the wss separate from the hub assembly? If so that is right where I would start

Straight from GM service information, "This DTC is for information only. As an aid to technician, this DTC indicates that another DTC exists that fails DRP". So if there are no other DTCs set, or setting when you drive it, then it's either a programming issue or the EBCM is crap.

Edit: there's also a bulletin for the brake lamps stuck on can cause it.

Edit edit: did you relearn the brake pedal position sensor after replacement?

Let me know when you want me to bring my programming tools home and we'll sort it out.

Straight from GM service information, "This DTC is for information only. As an aid to technician, this DTC indicates that another DTC exists that fails DRP". So if there are no other DTCs set, or setting when you drive it, then it's either a programming issue or the EBCM is crap.

Edit: there's also a bulletin for the brake lamps stuck on can cause it.

Edit edit: did you relearn the brake pedal position sensor after replacement?

Let me know when you want me to bring my programming tools home and we'll sort it out.

Let me know whenever you feel like looking at it. I used the scanner to relearn the brake sensor and it pops stabilitrak as soon as it finishes the procedure. Says it was successful but stabilitrak instantly pops on.

We unplugged the harness to the ebcm and reconnected it. No difference.