Help me pick a Real Estate car

Zx2guy19

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newer Lexus IS's have THE TINIEST back seats...

I didn't think about the newer, Chattanooga-built Passats. Those are HUGE interiors and have been out for a few years now so should be cheap in the aftermarket.

I test drove one and didn't think the back seat was that bad. Of course I am comparing it to a 2011 Camaro, so I might be biased.

Buddy's tdi Jetta of the generation above was pretty tight in the back seat too fwiw. The pics in that listing have to be with the front seats slid forward, because with actual humans up front I remember having to squeeze my shoes in sideways to get them in the rear floor.

I know the Jetta GLIs are nice and all.... but honestly they've never really struck me as looking that 'upscale'. Unfortunately if you are going to be picking up and driving clients around, you need to think about their perception of you due to your car.

It's really a shame they didn't do the CC in 2.0T w/AWD. I think that would check all of your boxes, and probably a ton of other peoples too.

I think VW thought that combo would steal share from the 2.0T quattro A4, which is on the derivative B6 platform (Audi is B6, VW is A6) which was around the same price point for a well optioned CC new.

Lots of people swap them. If you can find a wrecked 4 motion Passat, 4motion CC, or Tiguan the entire rear subframe and final drive swaps over including the fuel tanks, and you just have to find the correct transfer case for your transmission.

you need to think about their perception of you due to your car.

Does he though? His "clients" are mostly people who rent his property. I don't know about you but I'd be pretty unsympathetic if my landlord shuttled me look at houses and apartments in a luxury car. I think clean, nice smelling, kinda new-ish are about all you need.

Buddy's tdi Jetta of the generation above was pretty tight in the back seat too fwiw. The pics in that listing have to be with the front seats slid forward, because with actual humans up front I remember having to squeeze my shoes in sideways to get them in the rear floor.

Good to know, I'll definitely check this out when I'm test driving. I have honestly never had another adult in my back seat, ever. And it'll be better than my truck.

I know the Jetta GLIs are nice and all.... but honestly they've never really struck me as looking that 'upscale'. Unfortunately if you are going to be picking up and driving clients around, you need to think about their perception of you due to your car.

While I agree, you also have to manage perception the other way, looking too snobby. If I roll up in a Lambo, people are going to try to work my commission (3% down to 2%) because I "already have enough money". This car seems modest but checks all the boxes.

I think VW thought that combo would steal share from the 2.0T quattro A4, which is on the derivative B6 platform (Audi is B6, VW is A6) which was around the same price point for a well optioned CC new.

Lots of people swap them. If you can find a wrecked 4 motion Passat, 4motion CC, or Tiguan the entire rear subframe and final drive swaps over including the fuel tanks, and you just have to find the correct transfer case for your transmission.

Does he though? His "clients" are mostly people who rent his property. I don't know about you but I'd be pretty unsympathetic if my landlord shuttled me look at houses and apartments in a luxury car. I think clean, nice smelling, kinda new-ish are about all you need.

I would never have one of my tenants in my car, ha! My clients will be buyers/seller, the rentals are just my passive income.

My best friend has been an agent for 7 years and only had clients in his car (535i) one time. So that really isn't a concern (see above).

My clients will be buyers/seller, the rentals are just my passive income.

My best friend has been an agent for 7 years and only had clients in his car (535i) one time. So that really isn't a concern (see above).

I think by law, as a real estate agent you need to either have a FWD Cadillac in burgundy or creme white or a jaguar XJ in those same colors (double points if it is burgundy with a creme interior). Oh and it must smell like Pall Malls and hairspray.

yeah, I actually had one of those pop up on a search that was called a GLI but was actually a CC so I did a bit more research. Awesome looking cars but the MPG is only 5-6 better than my truck...not worth it.

Good to know man, thanks! I really think it's going to be a GLI. Now it's just finding one for the right price.

I'll also be buying a truck so not totally worried about winter. Snow tires are a good fix. How much is that DSG service?

You should be able to get a smoking deal on a used one. You could potentially get a new one for a deal too. I bought mine and got the 0.9% interest. DSG Service I believe is $450ish. I take mine to Nate Garland who is a tech at Hatfield. He knows my car in and out and I trust him and the service advisor Chris Alexander.

If you think about going stage 1 on the car and you have a stick, you will have to do your Clutch quick. I’m stage 2 on DSG with the TCU software and no issues.

Also, if you like HIDs the new ones don’t come with it. I think the 16’s were the last year you could get them. The new ones though come with more options than my 14 and the new infotainment that I wish mine had.

Text me if you have any questions 614-560-1614

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, his slum lord hood rentals != his new flavor of the month idea of selling houses.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or whatever, but my rentals are far from slum. I'll assume it was a joke.

I think by law, as a real estate agent you need to either have a FWD Cadillac in burgundy or creme white or a jaguar XJ in those same colors (double points if it is burgundy with a creme interior). Oh and it must smell like Pall Malls and hairspray.

Lol I used to have a purple/"plum" ATS. Although it had a black interior and was AWD...I'll occasionally smoke a cigar so maybe it smelled like that.

You should be able to get a smoking deal on a used one. You could potentially get a new one for a deal too. I bought mine and got the 0.9% interest. DSG Service I believe is $450ish. I take mine to Nate Garland who is a tech at Hatfield. He knows my car in and out and I trust him and the service advisor Chris Alexander.

If you think about going stage 1 on the car and you have a stick, you will have to do your Clutch quick. I’m stage 2 on DSG with the TCU software and no issues.

Also, if you like HIDs the new ones don’t come with it. I think the 16’s were the last year you could get them. The new ones though come with more options than my 14 and the new infotainment that I wish mine had.

Text me if you have any questions 614-560-1614

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've thought about maybe waiting 1-2 months and seeing if I can get a really good deal on a 2018 as they try to clear them off the lot. I'll definitely reach out if I have any questions!

If you honestly plan to drive 20-30k a year in the car your going to destroy that warranty really quick anyhow and depreciation is going to hit hard. Might as well get a used one that has already taken the new car hit

Warranty is the sole reason I suggested the “ugly” sonata 2.0t because you can’t beat the new car warranty Hyundai offers

Surprised no one has mentioned it but a Taurus Sho fits your wants very well. Drop it and add a few mods and its a really nice car. I miss my old Sho and haven't ruled out getting another.

Surprised no one has mentioned it but a Taurus Sho fits your wants very well. Drop it and add a few mods and its a really nice car. I miss my old Sho and haven't ruled out getting another.

Price and mpg rule out a sho, even a awd sel doesn’t get he mpg he is wanting

If you honestly plan to drive 20-30k a year in the car your going to destroy that warranty really quick anyhow and depreciation is going to hit hard. Might as well get a used one that has already taken the new car hit

Warranty is the sole reason I suggested the “ugly” sonata 2.0t because you can’t beat the new car warranty Hyundai offers

Dog. Those Sonata's are 28k after you add leather and they're ugly as fuck. Like make me want to puke ugly.

Yeah, Steve texted me a SHO a few days ago and the MPG is just too close to the truck.

I did the numbers on the 2016 vs. 2018. It'd be around a $60 difference a month for the 2018. Obviously the upside is a longer warranty, brand new car, new tires, farther from maintenance, etc.

Downside is $60 a month, ha.

It would maybe be more worth that $60/mo if it wasnt the exact same damned car lol.

I think the "low miles" on the 2016, for example is nice...you will have a 4 year old car in another year or so with say 40K miles on it, instead of a 1.5 year old car with 25-30K miles on it.

Just went and test drove the 16. Fuck it was a nice car.

Chris/Kickass- yeah man, at first it was non negotiable, BUT, AWD typically means worse MPG, and really you only need AWD like what, 7-10 days a year? I can drive my (soon to be new) truck if needed. That'll be 4wd for sure.

Just went and test drove the 16. Fuck it was a nice car.

Chris/Kickass- yeah man, at first it was non negotiable, BUT, AWD typically means worse MPG, and really you only need AWD like what, 7-10 days a year? I can drive my (soon to be new) truck if needed. That'll be 4wd for sure.

Let's be honest, just buy one because you know in 4 months it will be up for sale and you'll be looking for something different...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk