Help me pick a Real Estate car

Zx2guy19

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it's an ATS-V, no one is going to be impressed by an ATS.

I do like the Lexus LS460 route, especially since they can be had in AWD.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/733417892/overview/

Lookit that engine bay...NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED because it's all plastic! :lol:

Purple ATS. Do it

Lol fuck off.

Unless it's an ATS-V, no one is going to be impressed by an ATS.

I do like the Lexus LS460 route, especially since they can be had in AWD.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/733417892/overview/

Lookit that engine bay...NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED because it's all plastic! :lol:

Dude I'd love an ATS-V but out of my price range for a DD.

That Lexus is ugly as hell...I instantly just aged 40 years simply by clicking the link. Also a V8 that gets 20 mpg LOL

I'm really digging these Jetta SEL's. It looks like I can actually get a new one with every option I want for like 23k. Fairly large, 33 mpg, turbo, available in 5 speed or auto, good looking car, etc. Only downside is FWD, but really shouldn't be a big deal.

The problem with the lower end Jetta's is that they are built to a price point. The GLI is the performance model and the flagship of the line, They really put the effort into making it a nice car.

I've driven both and I would take a used GLI all day every day over a new one of any of the other models. First off, the 1.8T in the SEL isn't the old 1.8T of yesteryear. It makes 170hp which makes it bog slow. The GLI makes 210hp and 260ft/lbs, and a tune and intake pushes it to 220-230hp and almost 300 ft/lbs really easy. My wife's A3 right now makes about 230 with the mods she has and it scoots - it's not gonna blow anybody's hair back like an S4 with a tune, but it is always fun and interesting to drive.

Because of dieselgate VW is offering a ton of incentives, including on pre-owned inventory. VW has it's own CPO search site that's pretty good if you haven't used it. It's harder to find on their site than the new car search so here is the link: https://www.vwcpo.com

CPO has 1.99% financing which is no .09% but it ain't 4% either.

Byers has this 2014 GLI stick model with 50K miles for $16K: https://www.vwcpo.com/vehicle/3VW5T7AJ2EM209111-2014-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI/

if you feel like driving to cincy, here is a gray one with 20k miles for $20K: https://www.vwcpo.com/vehicle/3VW5T7AJ7FM337264-2015-Volkswagen-Jetta-2-0T-GLI-SEL/

To be honest, If you don't want something fast, Take a look at the Golf Alltrak. It's basically a jetta wagon, but the interiors are far better than anything you find in a Jetta sedan. Also, I saw a lot of '17 left overs on lots and have heard of people getting $10K off on some models. It comes in stick too and is way more useful than a sedan.

so here is the weirdo one that ticks none of your boxes and is a little Fey:

https://www.vwcpo.com/vehicle/3VW6L7AT6EM818482-2014-Volkswagen-Beetle-2-0-TDI/

It's a diesel, it's stick, it's a convertible. High fun, not boring, and 40+mpg if you can get someone to flash it back to the pre-dieselgate tune. It's gayer than Richard Simmons blowing Rip Taylor but it is the maximum mpg ride.

Edited by Geeto67

dude I used to work with had pretty much that exact car (maybe with better wheels), and it was awesome...the leather with the stitching ect inside is really really nice. Was a little rocket too.

Was comfortable for 4 adults if need be.

yeah, but the one at byers is stick and local and you can test drive it.

It's also red, ha.

I also do think I want an auto (pains me to say)...if I'm driving 20k miles a year and taking calls and stuff, I don't know that I want a manual.

It's also red, ha.

I also do think I want an auto (pains me to say)...if I'm driving 20k miles a year and taking calls and stuff, I don't know that I want a manual.

That's why God invented bluetooth :D

It's also red, ha.
The Auto Assets one in Powell is red. Byers one is black but has twice the miles and is one year older (and $4K cheaper).

That's fair, the nice part it that in the GLI you get the VAG DSG/DCT instead of a torque converter auto, unlike the 1.4T and 1.8T lesser trim jettas.

I'm serious though - go drive it before you make any decisions. I think you'll like it but you never know.

What are the thoughts on a 1.8T Passat R-Line? Few good deals out there on those.

They look good but it's a big car with a little motor (same one in the golf/jetta) so it will feel slow. Would definitely need a tune to help it out.

How about a VW CC? From my memory the back seat seems like it would be a pretty nice place for clients.

From a quick search you can get an AWD 2014 or newer with the 3.6L VR6 for about your price. Maybe one of the boxes it doesn't check is MPG, seems like the rating is 17/25.

I LOVE my GLI to be honest with you. The DSG is great even before I got the TCU software. You can get used GLI's for GREAT prices. If you are worried about FWD in the winter I have a set of winters for you I'll sell.

The only expensive maintenance would be the DSG service every 40k.

How about a VW CC? From my memory the back seat seems like it would be a pretty nice place for clients.

From a quick search you can get an AWD 2014 or newer with the 3.6L VR6 for about your price. Maybe one of the boxes it doesn't check is MPG, seems like the rating is 17/25.

The CC is an amazing car. The 2.0T models got the DSG/DCT, but the VR6 ones got a slushbox auto only in the US. I think AWD was only available with the vr6. 2.0T models can be had in a stick though. I think they have the best seats/interiors of any VW short of a phaeton.

What are the thoughts on a 1.8T Passat R-Line? Few good deals out there on those.

R-Line is usually a body and interior option. It sounds "sporty" but there isn't any actual sport in it. The exceptions are the Beetle R line which gets the GLI/GTI 2.0T engine and the Tiguan which gets stiffer shocks and springs. This is not to be confused with "R" models like the R32 or the Golf R which are actual high performance cars.

The R line in the Passat is a set of bumpers, 19" wheels, extra lighting, and leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and brake handle.

yeah, I actually had one of those pop up on a search that was called a GLI but was actually a CC so I did a bit more research. Awesome looking cars but the MPG is only 5-6 better than my truck...not worth it.

I LOVE my GLI to be honest with you. The DSG is great even before I got the TCU software. You can get used GLI's for GREAT prices. If you are worried about FWD in the winter I have a set of winters for you I'll sell.

The only expensive maintenance would be the DSG service every 40k.

Good to know man, thanks! I really think it's going to be a GLI. Now it's just finding one for the right price.

I'll also be buying a truck so not totally worried about winter. Snow tires are a good fix. How much is that DSG service?

Would a Lexus IS250 fit your needs?

No idea if the older ones fit your price ranges..

No ideas on modding them.

I love the looks of them and I feel the maintenance might be easier to deal with than the german cars.

I love the looks of them and I feel the maintenance might be easier to deal with than the german cars.

Dude this is going to sound so dumb and I'm sure you guys will never let me live this down: my ex girlfriends fuckboy ex boyfriend used to drive a 250 and I used to make fun of him for it. So, I can never own one purely out of principal.

Jokes on me: he went out and bought a legit F sport. Ha.

Newer Lexus IS's have THE TINIEST back seats...

I didn't think about the newer, Chattanooga-built Passats. Those are HUGE interiors and have been out for a few years now so should be cheap in the aftermarket.