Trump takes it in the ass from Korea?

greg1647545532

You would know. I mean, this is pretty much exactly how every conservative felt during the 8 years Obama was in charge, right?

I got to say: I don't remember a fraction of this much bitching coming from 2 terms of Obama. And we're talking a decade of cultural change since then. You guys have raised the bar. We'll all have to really step our game up for the next Democratic candidate.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to say: I don't remember a fraction of this much bitching coming from 2 terms of Obama. And we're talking a decade of cultural change since then. You guys have raised the bar. We'll all have to really step our game up for the next Democratic candidate.

That is because while the majority Obama’s term in office, the rule here was no political posts because most of the white male voices on here liked to show their racist tendencies.

Lol

Don't lol at me Greg. Lol at you.

I stated my truth. Deal wif it.

That is because while the majority Obama’s term in office, the rule here was no political posts because most of the white male voices on here liked to show their racist tendencies.

Justifying my true statement didn't make it less true. Let's keep this shit twister swirlin. See how many IRL relationships can be broken in this dying, little shit-forum. :megusta:

Justifying my true statement didn't make it less true. Let's keep this shit twister swirlin. See how many IRL relationships can be broken in this dying, little shit-forum. :megusta:

Dying!!?! Now you're going too far!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How much do you pay attention to the stuff you agree with? It's your opinion man, I don't think you have to justify it to anyone and maybe YOU didn't see much here, but, I dunno, Obama was bad man. I mean they are still talking about him and it's been a while. I mean, just look at Tim - he gets frothy if you just mention Obama's name.

I’m pretty sure we have a trade deficit because we make almost nothing in this fucking country. And Americans don’t want manufacturing jobs, and the folks in this country that would be happy working in manufacturing are being deported daily. However I’m not a very smart man, but I know what love is.

Trade deficits aren't necessarily a bad thing. Actually, it usually happens during times of economic strength/growth.

I will also further state for clarity I remember for the entire 2 terms of George W Bush, political post were banned also. There was no CR before Bush.

How much do you pay attention to the stuff you agree with? It's your opinion man, I don't think you have to justify it to anyone and maybe YOU didn't see much here, but, I dunno, Obama was bad man. I mean they are still talking about him and it's been a while. I mean, just look at Tim - he gets frothy if you just mention Obama's name.

Coming from an extremely conservative school, families and religious circles I stand by what I said. You guys lay it on and lounge in this misery. The social media soap box hasn't been more abused then when Trump was elected through today.

Tim, you know how to do simple math right?

$26>$17. So we have a net overall trade surplus of $9 Billion with Canada. That means we make money off our deal with them.

doesn't mean we don't need to address the deficit on net goods.

Furthermore Trump has built his latest Canadian trade policy around the dairy industry and Canadian tarriffs on it, which runs at a surplus for the US, but only accounts for 0.2% of total goods exported.
if you haven't figured out his means of pushing issues into the media then I can't help you.

Sure it looks like we are being taken advantage of if you ignore literally all the industries we make money off of canada in trade, but once you do the smart thing a zoom out - we make money.
in any business if there's an area of said business that's losing money, the CEO is going to fix it. they aren't going to let it suck away profits from other areas. we need to address goods not just services.

What am I missing here Tim, where is the part where we are profitable but somehow still being ripped off?

what you're missing is you've never run a business.

Coming from an extremely conservative school, families and religious circles I stand by what I said. You guys lay it on and lounge in this misery. The social media soap box hasn't been more abused then when Trump was elected through today.

Lol, Trump rose to political prominence by using social media to spread racist rumors about Obama being a Kenyan Muslim, but you're right, this is totally new kekekekeke

That's Fair, but then again I don't know that in my family (which is way more liberal than I am sometimes) we talk about Trump all that much or at all. Not a lot of spirited discussion when the room agrees with you. It's only when my batshit crazy uber conservative inlaws visit that we talk about it.

The social media/media cycle under Trump has certainly intensified. But I don't think that belongs to any one side - most presidents like to be very measured in their public persona, and here we have a person that isn't doing that, plus regularly picking fights with news outlets, and seems to actually crave the attention whether it is positive or negative.

He also empowered a lot of groups that previously just weren't getting any attention - I mean we still had a growing white supremacy problem under Obama (and probably in part because of Obama just by him being the first African American President) but we sure as shit didn't hear that much about them prior to Trump.

Personally, I'm an issue-ist. Normally I give two shits about the actual politician, I instead look at their approach to issues and problems and their tactics to solve them, and I am a big fan of partisanship. With this administration I can't help be critical of the person because Trump has this uncanny ability to both completely misunderstand the problem and then execute a poorly planned reactionary solution. It's not a strategy I am comfortable with because it causes a lot of collateral damage. I still haven't figured out whether he actually understands the real issue and is just re-framing it to his own ends, or if he legit only hears what he wants to hear and doesn't do any further investigation. Time will tell though.

most presidents like to be very measured in their public persona, and here we have a person that isn't doing that, plus regularly picking fights with news outlets, and seems to actually crave the attention whether it is positive or negative.

Lots of people like his approach whether you agree or not. It's no secret the majority of media hates Trump and does nothing but reinforce his need and want to continue his own social media campaigns and picks back and forth between the two. The both crave attention.

He also empowered a lot of groups that previously just weren't getting any attention - I mean we still had a growing white supremacy problem under Obama (and probably in part because of Obama just by him being the first African American President) but we sure as shit didn't hear that much about them prior to Trump.

that's more the media's doing than Trump. they hype up anything to get him in a negative light and if there's a KKK Member around they will put the two side by side on 24 news cycles thus giving them both the exposure they crave. Trump doesn't do that. the media empowers serial killers, school shooters and skin heads day in and day out.

doesn't mean we don't need to address the deficit on net goods.

Is a deficit on goods a bad thing per se? I'm not convinced. As mentioned earlier it can be a sign of prosperity as a lot of luxury goods are imported.

if you haven't figured out his means of pushing issues into the media then I can't help you.

Does he have a means of pushing things into the media? seems he just kinda says whatever he wants. If there is an actual plan, it could be working much better than just lying and exaggerating about things that are easily verifiable as wrong or inflated, no?

in any business if there's an area of said business that's losing money, the CEO is going to fix it. they aren't going to let it suck away profits from other areas. we need to address goods not just services.

Except where those losses are intentional. Chevrolet loses $9K on every Bolt it sells, but they are Ok with that - the car helps establish their market share in the EV segment. Ford lost money on every Ford GT it made in both generations, Honda loses money on the weirdo cars they still import from Japan, and yet they are all ok with this. Sometimes "losing" money is a strategy because it pays dividends somewhere else. Sure the loses are short term, but so is trade policy - it changes regularly almost every 2 years.

Here's the thing, rather than punish US prosperity with Tariffs, why not invest in the industries where we do export to try and make them more efficient?

what you're missing is you've never run a business.

I've had several Tim. I come from small business people. This job I do now, this is the first time in my life I haven't worked for myself or been a part of a small business. But please, tell me again how you can write my biography without knowing a thing about me. Also, you don't exactly run your own business either so you can climb down off that high horse now. Ass.

Lol, Trump rose to political prominence by using social media to spread racist rumors about Obama being a Kenyan Muslim, but you're right, this is totally new kekekekeke

That doesn't make sense or have any relevancy to what I pointed out. You're losing your grip.

Keke...ke

That doesn't make sense or have any relevancy to what I pointed out. You're losing your grip.

Keke...ke

"The social media soapbox hasn't been more abused [than since Trump was elected.]"

Are you saying that Trump and his supporters spreading easily debunked racist rumors about Obama being a Kenyan Muslim is somehow a lesser offense than whatever abuses you've observed since Trump took office?

I find that hard to believe. I really can't think of any worse use of a social media soapbox in recent memory than a bunch of lies about a birth certificate designed to foment racial and islamaphobic hatred of a sitting US president.

Care to point out an example of a widespread use of a social media soap box that's worse?

Lots of people like his approach whether you agree or not.

Lots? maybe, but I don't think the majority. He's had probably the lowest running popularity rating of any president in recent history

It's no secret the majority of media hates Trump and does nothing but reinforce his need and want to continue his own social media campaigns and picks back and forth between the two. The both crave attention.

I don't think the Media hates Trump in the slightest - they love him. He's a constant source of ratings and views and income for them. At some point you have to give Trump credit for something: It's not the media's job to filter the shit he says, that's his job (and that's why president's have been so measured in the past - because everything they say is considered newsworthy). All that negative shit printed about him, yeah he said that shit, it's all him. The Media didn't invent "grab them by the pussy" or "Little Rocket Man" - he's actually that ridiculous in real life and it ain't the media's job to make him look less so. Plus because he is controversial, he's bolstered the Op-ed and pundit portion of journalism, and it really isn't Trump or the Media's fault if the Audience can't tell the difference between Sean Hannity and actual news. There is no shortage of reporting and bias on both sides of the isle - but to make it seem like it's the media's fault is kinda like blaming the megaphone at a white supremacists rally for saying racist shit. It Ain't the megaphone, it's who speaking into it.

that's more the media's doing than Trump. they hype up anything to get him in a negative light and if there's a KKK Member around they will put the two side by side on 24 news cycles thus giving them both the exposure they crave. Trump doesn't do that. the media empowers serial killers, school shooters and skin heads day in and day out.

See above. Again, you are blaming the megaphone instead of the person speaking into it.

"The social media soapbox hasn't been more abused [than since Trump was elected.]"

Are you saying that Trump and his supporters spreading easily debunked racist rumors about Obama being a Kenyan Muslim is somehow a lesser offense than whatever abuses you've observed since Trump took office?

I find that hard to believe. I really can't think of any worse use of a social media soapbox in recent memory than a bunch of lies about a birth certificate designed to foment racial and islamaphobic hatred of a sitting US president.

Care to point out an example of a widespread use of a social media soap box that's worse?

My statement was in reference to frequency and volume of all people on social media. You without fail went directly to talking about Trump when I didn't even mention him in the post you were responding to.

Cuff em boys

Is a deficit on goods a bad thing per se? I'm not convinced. As mentioned earlier it can be a sign of prosperity as a lot of luxury goods are imported.

could be.

Does he have a means of pushing things into the media? seems he just kinda says whatever he wants.
he farts and the media picks it up and runs with it.

Except where those losses are intentional. Chevrolet loses $9K on every Bolt it sells, but they are Ok with that - the car helps establish their market share in the EV segment. Ford lost money on every Ford GT it made in both generations, Honda loses money on the weirdo cars they still import from Japan, and yet they are all ok with this.
lost leader products are one thing but not entire lines of business or in this case tangible goods.

Here's the thing, rather than punish US prosperity with Tariffs, why not invest in the industries where we do export to try and make them more efficient?
agree, but we still need to insure trade both ways is fair between countries and it's not wrong or insulting to work towards that.

I've had several Tim. I come from small business people. This job I do now, this is the first time in my life I haven't worked for myself or been a part of a small business. But please, tell me again how you can write my biography without knowing a thing about me.
Small business vs large company is completely different.

Also, you don't exactly run your own business either so you can climb down off that high horse now. Ass.
I never spoke a word about me but thanks for putting me on that high horse. Look forward to chatting with you live about it though. Unless you continue to bring the personal attacks. Again, you're more like Trump than you care to admit. It's an east coast thing so you may as well accept it. I have a good friend who is from Philly and despises Trump too but he's just as big a blow hard.

My statement was in reference to frequency/volumes all people on social media. You without fail went directly to talking about Trump when I didn't even mention him in the post you responded to.

Cuff em boys

I went to Trump because it's an egregious example that debunks your claim.

Trump's twitter feed doesn't exist in a vacuum. He didn't come up with birtherism.

Seriously, if you don't count birtherism as an abuse of social media under Obama, what can I say? I mean, fucking BIRTHERISM! It's a thing that exists, and the current US president rose to political prominence on its coat tails. How is that not an example of how shitty people were towards Obama?

I went to Trump because it's an egregious example that debunks your claim.

Trump's twitter feed doesn't exist in a vacuum. He didn't come up with birtherism.

Seriously, if you don't count birtherism as an abuse of social media under Obama, what can I say? I mean, fucking BIRTHERISM! It's a thing that exists, and the current US president rose to political prominence on its coat tails. How is that not an example of how shitty people were towards Obama?

You went to Trump because you're obsessed and need to take time off from talking politics on a car racing forum.

I'm sure you're passionate about the whole birther thing but i you honestly think that's what brought him to political prominence then you and many others, especially Clinton and Obama, have not only been utterly humiliated by his win but still don't get it. Sad.