HoReCit. 10.4@132!

coltboostin

Inadvertently set the no nitrous record for stock intake manifold on a C6z! And #5 on the overall NA SBE Ls7 all time list! Wow. And the DA was 2500+

Could not have done it without the guidance and record setting Tune from Backstreet performance.

IMG_20180613_211219815-XL.jpg

IMG_20180613_182033319_HDR-X3.jpg

Sweet!!!!!

1.535 60ft, I'm guessing you walked it out of the hole and then poured on the coal? It's still pretty respectable, but if you can get more launch traction I think she's got more in her - maybe a 1.4 60 foot and a really low 10's (high 9's) pass?

Awesome pass and congrats on the records!

Edited by Geeto67

Congrats man! That is booking it lol. Can't beat a 10 second daily lol (If you drove it daily that is)

I've driven this to work more than my BMW over the last month. AC may be colder than the BMW too LOL

DAMN! Nice job! What all is done to it?

Just ported heads, a Cam, headers/exhaust and a good clutch. Stock intake manifold

Sweet!!!!!

1.535 60ft, I'm guessing you walked it out of the hole and then poured on the coal? It's still pretty respectable, but if you can get more launch traction I think she's got more in her - maybe a 1.4 60 foot and a really low 10's (high 9's) pass? Awesome pass and congrats on the records!

This was the first and only pass I ran with the Traction Control off the whole pass. I was experimenting with truing ti off in various gears mid track- and this pass just decided to try it off from the rip. I also launched like an import. I held the car with the E brake and got the clutch slightly engaged to load the drivetrain. Obviously it liked it!

On a side note, maybe I should have you take my car down the track once or twice lol

I'm always down to jockey! Always easier to let' er rip when its not your car. ;)

Very nice. 10.4s in shit air is very impressive.

Yeah it rained most of the day end then was like a 85' swap after 5pm. Anther funny thing there, the 4 cars faster than me all have intake manis and ALL where ran in NEGATIVE DA!!! The fastest NA SBE LS7 ran at a track rental on Jan 1. Its was 30 deg DA was -1000 LOL. I am tempted to mayyyybe try it out on a "record" weather day later in the season, but we will see what happens.

Wow, very impressive. That car has really come together well, no doubt has a little more in her.

Maybe, but this is far and above what I would have ever expected so Im way good. I likely wont drag it ever again- I enjoy it way to much in DD duty to risk breaking something expensive again!

The real wild thing is there is still a lot of power left. Any aftermarket intake mani is good for 20-30hp, and E85 on these cars is good for 20-30hp. Erik at backstreet actually just tuned another C6z with a smaller cam than me, but with an Intake mani and e85. It made 50 mpre whp!!!!! Here is a overlay on that car vs my actual dyno plot.

72553-X3.jpg

Now imagine a 150shot. I miss my c6z just a little

:gabe:

Im going as fast ET wise as locals with HCI+ 150 shot LOL. Half of them think I was spraying lol

Corn, corn, intake, then more corn.

The temptation is real! I have a buddy who works in marketing at Summit who wants to try and get some parts on the car. I think it s a pipe dream, but we will see. I am not paying $1000 for an IM and still have to source a big $$ TB. I know the extra power is there, Im just super happy with the car now as is.

It helps that its parked net to an unguided zip tie'd missile that satisfies the "sketchy fast" desires ;)

Intake and throttle body are not worth the money, but will become necessary if you wanted an all-out n/a setup. You might as well mill the heads and throw the biggest cam possible if you went that route, but then the car sucks when driven normally. I’d leave it as is, go for a hero run when you can find great track conditions, and possibly have a shot available if you wanted more track duty. I’d do everything possible to keep it daily driver friendly.

Good run! That’s impressive