Street Car takeover Meet & Greet

Red Beard

So it appears that Carlyle Racing is hosting a meet, greet and dyno night tonight at their shop for street car takeover. Starts at 5pm, not sure if they are charging for the dyno or if it is free fun runs. Says first come first served on the post. I will be swinging by after work around 6pm. Anyone esle planning on being there?

Thought about it. Don't have the kid tonight so we might as well do something. Where's it at?

Nevermind. Googled it. Right down the street from Lucore. 8200 Business Way Ste B Plain City OH 43064

I will be there tonight once I get off work around 6. My office is literally on the same street lol. I'm hoping the dyno is free so I can speck out what I am working with currently. I don't know how late I'll be staying, but will at least be there just the same.

Derek will be there with his BBQ as well.

I will have to stop by and say hi to him. Are you guys coming out too?

I will be there tonight once I get off work around 6. My office is literally on the same street lol. I'm hoping the dyno is free so I can speck out what I am working with currently. I don't know how late I'll be staying, but will at least be there just the same.

I will have to stop by and say hi to him. Are you guys coming out too?

Good luck. I'm sure everyone and their mom will be on the dyno. I thought about it. I still might if there are spots open but I doubt it. We should be there a little after 6 when the wife drops the kid off.

Literally the best time I've had at a car meet in years. Saw people from early CR days and people from the days of racing around town. Good times for sure. Some beat old piece put down 865 awhp....haha!

Big thanks to Mark for putting this on. Weather held up too.

Completely agree with Dave, this was an absolutely excellent experience. Very well run, great turnout as the evening went on before the rains rolled in there were cars literally everywhere. Great time, unfortunately no BBQ in my evening :(

On a good note, we strapped the Chevelle that's been a grade 8 nightmare onto their dyno and spotted yet another issue! Thankfully before anything catastrophic happened! Yay new build shakedown!!

Completely agree with Dave, this was an absolutely excellent experience. Very well run, great turnout as the evening went on before the rains rolled in there were cars literally everywhere. Great time, unfortunately no BBQ in my evening :(

On a good note, we strapped the Chevelle that's been a grade 8 nightmare onto their dyno and spotted yet another issue! Thankfully before anything catastrophic happened! Yay new build shakedown!!

Wish I would have had a chance to hang with everyone more, was bouncing around all over the place. Will hopefully get a chance to meet up with everyone at the next one.

It was very bad luck for the Chevelle, but glad we talked Joe into putting it up there. Lord only knows what could have happened if he went out on the street and it decided to let go. Thanks again for being my sugar daddy on the dyno. I owe you lunch, and will square up with you soon. Did you guys get it together by the end of the night for a run?

what was the issue with the Chevelle?

I drove through with the wife's Audi around 7:00, and the meet looked like it was in full swing and a lot of fun. I had my 6year old in tow and realized it probably wasn't the best place to be chasing a kid around so went home. Glad everyone had fun.

what was the issue with the Chevelle?

I drove through with the wife's Audi around 7:00, and the meet looked like it was in full swing and a lot of fun. I had my 6year old in tow and realized it probably wasn't the best place to be chasing a kid around so went home. Glad everyone had fun.

The Chevelle only had 8 miles on it since it was put together, and the rear wheel had a wobble to it. Turned out it was just the wrong studs and lug nuts for the style of wheel that was on it. Easy fix, just glad they caught it before a full high-speed pass was done.

The Chevelle only had 8 miles on it since it was put together, and the rear wheel had a wobble to it. Turned out it was just the wrong studs and lug nuts for the style of wheel that was on it. Easy fix, just glad they caught it before a full high-speed pass was done.

It actually turned out to be something completely different. The center hole of the rotor was just a tiny bit too small so the rotor wasn't fitting properly on the hub, which would induce a wobble. Also the wheel is slightly bent / out of balance so there were a few contributing factors.

Unfortunately on a car that's literally had everything replaced from bumper to bumper there are often times these sorts of issues. All part of the fun! :)

It actually turned out to be something completely different. The center hole of the rotor was just a tiny bit too small so the rotor wasn't fitting properly on the hub, which would induce a wobble. Also the wheel is slightly bent / out of balance so there were a few contributing factors.

Unfortunately on a car that's literally had everything replaced from bumper to bumper there are often times these sorts of issues. All part of the fun! :)

I stand corrected lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBSTiRj9tPTlLsYW0u90PZQv4vVyqUsZC574WOH3y0_XqvMS_g

I'm glad you guys figured it out just the same. So does he have to replace the wheel now or is it repairable?