Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet

BIGGU

Good bye Bobby Laymen, hello Mark Wahlberg!

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180719/RETAIL07/180719752/mark-wahlberg-chevy-dealer-ohio

Hollywood star Mark Wahlberg, known for both hit movies and his entrepreneurial efforts in the restaurant and nutrition supplements industries, is getting into the car business.

Wahlberg teamed up with friend and longtime Chevrolet dealer Jay Feldman to buy a Chevy dealership in Columbus, Ohio. In a deal that closed Thursday, the pair bought Bobby Layman Chevrolet, which is renamed Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet, effective immediately. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

"It was a dealership that came up that had a great facility, that had a great reputation," Feldman told Automotive News. "It's in Ohio, where Mark and, of course, myself are invested in another business."

Feldman, who said he met Wahlberg while the actor was in Detroit in 2013 filming the fourth installment of the Transformers movie franchise, is a partner with the celebrity in a Wahlburgers restaurant in Cleveland and the Wahlburgers master franchise for the state of Georgia.

Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet

Wahlberg and Feldman had been looking to buy a dealership together since early 2017. They learned about the Bobby Layman opportunity from buy-sell advisory firm Tim Lamb Group later that year, Feldman said.

The 70,000-square-foot dealership sits on 15.5 acres, includes a two-story showroom and has 50 service stalls. The staff of about 100 employees will be retained, but Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet will hire more sales representatives and service technicians. Feldman said he and Wahlberg will look to build on the store's success and may add other dealerships in the market.

Wahlberg, a car fan with a big garage, has several business holdings including a movie production company, the Wahlburgers restaurant chain and nutrition supplements company Performance Inspired Nutrition. He also is a partner in the AQUAhydrate bottled water line.

"I am continuously looking for ways to innovate my brand and engage in businesses I am passionate about," Wahlberg said in a statement. "I love cars, and the chance to work with an experienced, proven dealer-operator like Jay and represent an iconic brand like Chevrolet inspired me to get involved."

Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet

Feldman will serve as dealer principal of Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet, but Wahlberg intends to actively participate.

"It's not a naming rights deal. We're partners," Feldman said. "Mark is very involved in his businesses, whether it's AQUAhydrate or Performance Inspired. I mean, he is like the ultimate entrepreneur and a workaholic. ... He plans on being [at the dealership] on a regular basis."

Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet is the ninth store for Feldman Automotive Group. Feldman operates five Chevrolet stores, a Kia dealership, a Hyundai dealership and a pre-owned store, all in Michigan.

I bet most of the people on this board still go to Jordan.

I dunno man, unless Jordan can get like Matt Damon or something, he may have lost me.

I seriously hope Marky Mark makes the sales guys call themselves the funky bunch. Also every time a car comes in to service a bad vibration, they have to play good vibrations over the PA when it's fixed.

It’s better than Dirk Diggler Chevrolet. Although I did like the corvette.

That shit's jammin', man. Start down low with a 350 cube, three and a quarter horsepower, 4-speed, 4:10 gears, ten coats of competition orange, hand-rubbed lacquer with a huplane manifold, Full fuckin' race cams. Whoo!

http://i.imgur.com/eqlqv.gif

http://i.giphy.com/KZH25tfEPaZ7W.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Now he's thinking about buying the Crew.

Just finished talking with @markwahlberg about his new car dealership. I asked him if he’d be interested in buying the @ColumbusCrewSC. He said he would and would look into it. #SaveTheCrew

DkfU69nUYAAGIkh.jpg

Now he's thinking about buying the Crew.

:lol:

"Mr. Marky, would you be able to solve other social issues our city is dealing with now that you're a part of our local business community?"

Precourt bought the Crew for $68MM in 2013...I think I'd be asking someone other than the two men leaning against a Chevy Equinox if I needed more money to buy a major league sports franchise...

:lol:

"Mr. Marky, would you be able to solve other social issues our city is dealing with now that you're a part of our local business community?"

Precourt bought the Crew for $68MM in 2013...I think I'd be asking someone other than thetwo men leaning against a Chevy Equinox if I needed more money to buy a major league sports franchise...

Found this quite perfect.