Ideas For Clothes Donations

Fiji ST

Weird topic, I know.

I've got a bunch of clothes sitting in my trunk, both women's clothes and lots of infant clothes. I really don't want to dump it at Goodwill. I'd rather give it to a group that needs it more as they're clothes my daughter has outgrown and are in great shape. I work in Delaware and live by Tuttle. Any ideas?

There use to be a free church donation place near Central Ave and Lake Street intersection in Delaware. I don't recall the name of it, but it was a free donation organization to help support those who are less fortunate or cant afford to buy their own.

Found it! Its called Common Ground Free Store.

https://commongroundfreestore.org/

I found that too after a surprising amount of time on Google. Their donation hours are really weird, but oh well.

Thank you. I have stopped donating at goodwill as well. Common ground would be the best place.

What's your reason?

If you have winter/warmer clothes, my girlfriend is on the board for Good Neighbors of Columbus. They do a free store every September to prepare the homeless for the colder months. all ages/sizes needed. shoot me a PM if so and I can figure out where they can have someone meet you to get whatever you have.

Other than the places that have already been mentioned I don't know if a womens shelter would be interested. I have no experience, but I have been told that sometimes women is domestic abuse situations sometimes will leave with the kids and nothing else. They come to the shelter with nothing but what is on there back.