College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeding determines the championship game so while right now it's irrelevant, it certainly will matter, unless the thought is that Clemson would and could beat either nd or michigan.

Actually, the way Alabama is playing, the seeding is pointless:

1 - Alabama

2 - someone who might win and then lose to Alabama in following game

3 - someone who might win and then lose to Alabama in following game

4 - someone who will lose to Alabama in the next game

5- team lucky enough to avoid Alabama

6 - team lucky enough to avoid Alabama

Done

And fine 20. Ill take action from both of your

Deal

Actually, the way Alabama is playing, the seeding is pointless:

1 - Alabama

2 - someone who might win and then lose to Alabama in following game

3 - someone who might win and then lose to Alabama in following game

4 - someone who will lose to Alabama in the next game

5- team lucky enough to avoid Alabama

6 - team lucky enough to avoid Alabama

Fair point.

OSU/Michigan will be a close game I think. It almost always is regardless of which team is down/up. Although it looks like there are signs that this team has essentially given up. They’re competing with talent alone and no real drive or desire. At least that’s how it seems

I just took a look at the numbers. Since 2007, Ohio State is 10-1 against Michigan. Michigan's lone victory came in Ohio State's car fire 2011 season.

In those 11 games, Ohio State has averaged 32.8 points per game. Michigan has averaged 19.7. An average final score of 33 to 20 isn't a blowout, but it isn't exactly close, either. I think the games might feel closer because, well, it's a rivalry game (?).

Also, since 2007, Ohio State has scored 42 points 4 times against Michigan: 2007 and then 3 years in a row: 2013, 2014, and 2015. I thought that was interesting.

I just took a look at the numbers. Since 2007, Ohio State is 10-1 against Michigan. Michigan's lone victory came in Ohio State's car fire 2011 season.

In those 11 games, Ohio State has averaged 32.8 points per game. Michigan has averaged 19.7. An average final score of 33 to 20 isn't a blowout, but it isn't exactly close, either. I think the games might feel closer because, well, it's a rivalry game (?).

Also, since 2007, Ohio State has scored 42 points 4 times against Michigan: 2007 and then 3 years in a row: 2013, 2014, and 2015. I thought that was interesting.

I went to the game when Ohio State won 42-7, in 2008 I think? It figures that the one time I went to an OSU/Michigan game it would be a complete blowout. Rich Rodriguez was a joke

Possible Snow in the forecast for East Lansing on Saturday. Lewerke seems hurt and they keep trotting him out there.....

Precipitation has to be in the liquid form for the MSU voodoo to work

History is fine if all things remain equal,this years team is different.

We have a line incapable of block for more than 3 seconds and can't run block. We have a right tackle that could block my grandmother.

Without Bosa on the D line it has shown how bad our DBs are.

As i said before I think we cna beat ttun because i think meyer has jims number..but it will be a nail biter at best