College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprinkler line busted and flooded out two elevators at the shoe..... Maybe it's a sign....

Almost have the second one back up and running, ready for the game on Saturday.

Go bucks

7879f5ec73f467032e1bc004ca7ff741.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It ended 6-7 after we lost to Florida in a game that neither team deserved to be in.

Oh, so you're saying our abysmal year was still a bowl eligible year?

I 'member. 6-6. For our "worst season" that's still better than most AND it was a complete shit show due to odd circumstances. Hardly the same as this year with "our" recent history under Urban and crew. That season was a one off. We lost the bowl game but if our absolute WORST season is bowl eligible, well, we're doing ok.

Edited for ya anyway. ;)

I think Michigan beats Ohio State and it isn’t even close.

I'm with Tilley but not Lauren.

Michigan has struggled on the road this year. Not that Ohio State has looked impressive at all this year but I expect a close game. I think OSU being an underdog helps me tremendously. Michigan will come to play though. They’ve gotta be itching to be the heroes of TTUN

Michigan has struggled on the road this year. Not that Ohio State has looked impressive at all this year but I expect a close game. I think OSU being an underdog helps me tremendously. Michigan will come to play though. They’ve gotta be itching to be the heroes of TTUN

tOSU pass coverage and linebackers were much better back then however. I am by no means some crazy football fan but I like to watch tOSU play so take it as it will but I would almost bet money we have less plays where we actually broke up a pass 20+ yards vs completed passes or where we get called for PI

It is sad watching any long pass and our coverage is either no where to be found or we never k ow where he b-ball is and toss hands up in a desperate attempt to block it (usually tackling the receiver)

tOSU pass coverage and linebackers were much better back then however. I am by no means some crazy football fan but I like to watch tOSU play so take it as it will but I would almost bet money we have less plays where we actually broke up a pass 20+ yards vs completed passes or where we get called for PI

It is sad watching any long pass and our coverage is either no where to be found or we never k ow where he b-ball is and toss hands up in a desperate attempt to block it (usually tackling the receiver)

It's also crazy to watch how many balls ARE hit by the CB and the receiver still catches it. That being said OSU played an entirely different scheme in 2014 vs today. In 2014 they played a quarters scheme that has been proven to work vs today's offenses whereas today Schiano runs a single high press man scheme that requires having all high first eound draft picks and is built to stop offenses in 1998

This weather sucks.

We should build a new stadium and it should be a dome. Keep some bricks or something from the original Ohio Stadium so all the bluehairs of the world don't cremate themselves but put a roof on it so weather isn't an issue.

10 quarts of Mobil1 synthetic?

PURDUE - NEVER FORGET

Sure, I'll bet you $200 that Michigan beats Ohio State. (That's about what 10 quarts of that would cost, correct?) This is a win-win for me; if I win the bet, then I win $200, but if I lose the bet then my team has won a game I didn't think we could or should win.

Put it this way: if the God of Football walked up to me this morning and said, "You have great triceps, but listen that's not why I am here - if you pay me $200 I guarantee you that Ohio State will beat Michigan today," I am quickly paying that fee and considering it a bargain.

So, let me know if we're on for $200.

This weather sucks.

We should build a new stadium and it should be a dome. Keep some bricks or something from the original Ohio Stadium so all the bluehairs of the world don't cremate themselves but put a roof on it so weather isn't an issue.

PURDUE - NEVER FORGET

Sure, I'll bet you $200 that Michigan beats Ohio State. (That's about what 10 quarts of that would cost, correct?) This is a win-win for me; if I win the bet, then I win $200, but if I lose the bet then my team has won a game I didn't think we could or should win.

Put it this way: if the God of Football walked up to me this morning and said, "You have great triceps, but listen that's not why I am here - if you pay me $200 I guarantee you that Ohio State will beat Michigan today," I am quickly paying that fee and considering it a bargain.

So, let me know if we're on for $200.

Ok, we’re on for $200.