Commuter/boring car

Lauren

Guys at the end of the month we are making the move to Birmingham Alabama. I'm going yo be commuting to Columbus every other week to maintain my clients here and the other two weeks a month I'll be in atlanta. So week 1 2.5 days Columbus rest bham.

Week 2 1.5 days Atlanta rest bham.

Lots of traveling. I need something with good gas mileage. I was thinking about a mini cooper s supercharged but open to other ideas. Perhaps a golf gti? Prius? Help

Guys at the end of the month we are making the move to Birmingham Alabama. I'm going yo be commuting to Columbus every other week to maintain my clients here and the other two weeks a month I'll be in atlanta. So week 1 2.5 days Columbus rest bham.

Week 2 1.5 days Atlanta rest bham.

Lots of traveling. I need something with good gas mileage. I was thinking about a mini cooper s supercharged but open to other ideas. Perhaps a golf gti? Prius? Help

What's your price range?

I absolutely love my Jetta GLI and I average 38mpg on the highway. Over 200hp, fully loaded, right around the 20k mark (mine had like 16k miles). I see them for 15k with higher miles.

10/10, would buy again.

Golf Tdi, You can get a nice low mileage fully loaded for around 15k. power train warranty until 128k miles, if you get CPO its bumper to bumper warrenty unlimited miles for an additional 2 years.

Yes I was thinking about a TDI.

Right now flying back isn't an option until my current liability to my clients has been taught out. Flying isn't cheap enough to consider it. When current liability is off the books then I will be flying a lot more at their expense.

Drivng a first gen mini back and forth would suck to no end lol. I didnt even like driving my 09 to SC and back. I dont even like driving our R60 as far as Nashville. Seats and ride are just too harsh for a highway commuter.

Round trip flights are $209.....

You will spend $100 on gas round-trip (at 30mpg @ ~$2.80ish). So those 12+ hours of your time are not worth the other ~$100

Drivng a first gen mini back and forth would suck to no end lol. I didnt even like driving my 09 to SC and back. I dont even like driving our R60 as far as Nashville. Seats and ride are just too harsh for a highway commuter.

Round trip flights are $209.....

You will spend $100 on gas round-trip (at 30mpg @ ~$2.80ish). So those 12+ hours of your time are not worth the other ~$100

Back in '10-11 I drove my r53 from Florida to Boston to Columbus to Baltimore and jersey every week. Took that car everywhere and wasn't bothered by it at all. It got great in gas and I have enough spare parts to fix anything on it.

The r56 and newer are not nearly as comfy to me.

Sounds like someone's already made his decision...y'all wasting your time. :lol:

I don't want that to be the car. That's why I'm asking. I need to broaden my horizon.

Matrix is cool as is a jetta wagon. Gonna try a few over the weekend

Matrix or Vibe...better than than you think

This...I guess.

His time is cheap apparently. To each their own.

rip cr

:lol: That started a decade ago.

Rip manhood

Says the soccer dad who sold his GTO. Neat.