STS Turbo bought by Holley

zeitgeist57

I hope it was a bargain, lol. I remember a long time ago watching Horsepower TV (may have still been Hot Rod TV at the time) install one of the systems on a red LS1 Camaro I believe, and even then I was pretty skeptical of the setup. Doesn’t seem like they ever really caught on.

I kind of get the idea, I mean why shouldn't your trunk get as hot as your engine bay, but I always wondered with those super long charge and down pipes what the lag must be like.

To be even remotely efficient the turbos are sized differently then a typical system, and oiling them didn’t work well with electric pumps and such. The one I took apart had oil everywhere and the turbo seals were toast, a little research showed that to be typical.

They were marketed to be an easy install. Now if they used one of those turbos that didn’t require oiling from the engine (sorry don’t recall who made them) maybe they’d be good for certain applications.

A few days ago I was wondering to myself these guys were still in business.

Brings back memories of the mid to late 90’s when these were popping up on the L67. What was that guys name in Westerville that had the GTP with one and ran pretty good times? Flashback for sure....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brings back memories of the mid to late 90’s when these were popping up on the L67. What was that guys name in Westerville that had the GTP with one and ran pretty good times? Flashback for sure....

Cody at tire discounters buht that car and it was slow as shit by time he got it. Not sure if it was ragged out or what. But slow as shit

Cody at tire discounter bought that car and it was slow as shit by time he got it. Not sure if it was ragged out or what. But slow as shit