Honda invests in GM Cruise

Gergwheel1647545492

Seems super strange to me, but I'm all for getting dumb asses off the roads and more room for me to get to work faster!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/honda-to-invest-in-gms-self-driving-car-unit-gm-cruise-1538569503

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/03/business/honda-gm-cruise-autonomous.html

Edited by Gergwheel

Can’t read article without a wsj subscription? Lame.

Saw something about this within the last few days. I’m not excited, but it’s coming anyway, there are just too many powerful people pushing it. When these things get popular and the cost of insurance prices you out a car you drive yourself anyone who actually enjoys driving will be pissed this is happening. So many potential issues with this technology, I hope it doesn’t happen until I’m dead.

Can’t read article without a wsj subscription? Lame.

Saw something about this within the last few days. I’m not excited, but it’s coming anyway, there are just too many powerful people pushing it. When these things get popular and the cost of insurance prices you out a car you drive yourself anyone who actually enjoys driving will be pissed this is happening. So many potential issues with this technology, I hope it doesn’t happen until I’m dead.

Shit i never thought about the insurance repercussions. I posted another link to a New York Times article too since WSJ sucks.

It makes sense to me. The partnership I mean, not autonomous cars. Lots of automakers run joint programs and often the results are a boon to both companies as well as the marketplace. Case in point the DSM cars of the 90's like the talon, laser, and eclipse - or the new Z4/supra platform. Honda has done good things with partnering with companies in the past, and it being an American automaker I don't see a down side esp in the economy or job sector for the US.

autonomous cars for the most part can suck a fat one. Although, it would be nice to not have people stopping in the middle of a lane to merge when there is a mile of road ahead of them or not having the people who get in a right turn lane because it is the right most lane before figuring out they have to move left to go straight and then slow everyone down on the roads.... but yeah the insurance companies will fuck us who still want to drive.