College Football Thread 2018 v 2.0

Mitch

I was like 75% right. Studrawa is probably staying. I think that the Matteson (sp?) thing ended up being almost like a package deal, and Harrison will be announced shortly as the LB coach. I've been saying since The Game that UM wasn't out "schemed" by us on defense, just out performed. They don't have the horses yet.

I think Schiano ends up the HC at Temple.

From what I hear, it sounds like Schiano is going to the Patriots to probably be their DC once theirs is hired away. His contract was up, so I think it was just a mutual non-renewal.

Grinch wanted to run a hybrid 3-3-5 defense and Day told him absolutely not, and you will have a co-coordinator, so Grinch started reaching out.

I really like the mix of experience and youth so far on the defense. Mattison does not excite me, but he likes to run a basic but stout defense that throws in exotic blitzes and line movement when he can.

I knew the rumors about Stud staying were probably true, he is a big time recruiter. While the coaches cover regions him and Larry Johnson are well known closers as the secondary recruiter for their position groups.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Day making a huge splash already

Immediately gets a 5 star QB transfer

Gets a highly touted OC from Oklahoma State

Gets 2 solid defensive coaches from Rival Michigan to come here and coach, leaving Harbaugh and their stupid fans wondering if they'll ever be good again

Keeps current recruiting prospects

Ryan Day making a huge splash already

Immediately gets a 5 star QB transfer

Gets a highly touted OC from Oklahoma State

Gets 2 solid defensive coaches from Rival Michigan to come here and coach, leaving Harbaugh and their stupid fans wondering if they'll ever be good again

Keeps current recruiting prospects

Dont forget landing Harrison

It was fantastic watching Alabama get dismantled. Please be sure to remind every Alabama fan of this every time you get the chance. Remember when in 2006 and Ohio State was getting "best ever" talk and then got manhandled by Florida and then we never heard the end of it from SEC honks? Well, guess who's turn it is to eat all the delicious crow. All of it, Tide/SEC, every last morsel. Yummy yum.

I'll play Alabama and Georgia every year. Those teams do not scare me. Of course, Alabama will be #2 next year and Georgia will be #3. All aboard that hype train, gentlemen.

Clemson, well, I owe you an apology. I thought you weren't all that good and I was way wrong there. For whatever reason, I can't be mad at Clemson for being good - even when they just repeatedly own Ohio State. Not happy about it, but not pissed about them being good, not like I'm pissed when I see an SEC team win the NC. The ACC might suck, but Clemson surely doesn't.

I am calling Ohio State and Clemson in the title game next year.

Clemson 28

Ohio State 38

LSU and Texas are the other 2 playoff teams.

Write it down.

And where the F is Lauren?

Dude, seriously. At this point, just don't come back. I'm not sure how you mitigate it. Like I'm a second chance guy, but this is ridiculous. Though, he really does need to return just to take the verbal beatings he's earned, which will include embracing that trainwreck of a hillbilly football squad with a gimpy QB that got exposed when they had to actually play a team with a defensive pulse.

It was fantastic watching Alabama get dismantled. Please be sure to remind every Alabama fan of this every time you get the chance. Remember when in 2006 and Ohio State was getting "best ever" talk and then got manhandled by Florida and then we never heard the end of it from SEC honks? Well, guess who's turn it is to eat all the delicious crow. All of it, Tide/SEC, every last morsel. Yummy yum.

I'll play Alabama and Georgia every year. Those teams do not scare me. Of course, Alabama will be #2 next year and Georgia will be #3. All aboard that hype train, gentlemen.

Clemson, well, I owe you an apology. I thought you weren't all that good and I was way wrong there. For whatever reason, I can't be mad at Clemson for being good - even when they just repeatedly own Ohio State. Not happy about it, but not pissed about them being good, not like I'm pissed when I see an SEC team win the NC. The ACC might suck, but Clemson surely doesn't.

I am calling Ohio State and Clemson in the title game next year.

Clemson 28

Ohio State 38

LSU and Texas are the other 2 playoff teams.

Write it down.

Interesting on the predictions and once again I agree on the rest.

As for Lauren see what I said above. MIA.

I both hope he is truly ok and also hope that his wife permabanned him from CR. Wait, no, I have some things I would like him to read as well. :lol:

My guess on Lauren is he made a troll account after reading that people were checking on his status when the last time he was online and what threads he was viewing. Just a theory though

Interesting theory. There have certainly been some odd accounts set up/used since Dec. 21. Could be Lauren, could be AJ again.

This was great to hear yesterday!

Whoever the QB ends up being next year (*cough* Fields *cough*), they will have some pretty exciting receivers to throw to. Fun fact: Hill needs only 48 more catches to finish as the career leader in receptions at tOSU. That record is currently held by David Boston (who was an absolute freak show).

I'm honestly freaking pumped about Olave and Wilson. Parris Campbell is on record as saying that Olave is better than any of the seniors were this year ALREADY, and if you watched the All-American game, you saw that Wilson is an absolute beast.

Whoever the QB ends up being next year (*cough* Fields *cough*), they will have some pretty exciting receivers to throw to. Fun fact: Hill needs only 48 more catches to finish as the career leader in receptions at tOSU. That record is currently held by David Boston (who was an absolute freak show).

I'm honestly freaking pumped about Olave and Wilson. Parris Campbell is on record as saying that Olave is better than any of the seniors were this year ALREADY, and if you watched the All-American game, you saw that Wilson is an absolute beast.

Campbell actually broke the record this year. Boston had 85, Campbell had 90 this year

With KJ Hill coming back, we will be stacked again at receiver.

Dobbins will be back. He had a good year but a bit of a sophomore slump to the standard he set his freshmen year. I expect him to be better next year and Master Teague might be better than Weber. Similar running style but Teague is more of a bruiser.

I can’t imagine our defense doesn’t get better. Unfortunately Borland will be back but I think he was playing at least slightly injured all season. No way he is actually that damn slow but maybe.

A lot of positive energy going into next year. Pretty pumped

Lost my shit when I saw his name was Tathan. Add in the fact that his sister looks like the Joker now...the parents failed their kids at every step.

Picks of said sister? wait found her... https://www.instagram.com/rylee_martell/?hl=en

He has a big mouth but apparently is scared to compete by making this move. He talked very tough against fields, but must not have belief in himself to duck and run this quickly.

I also wonder if there is some other target signing in February which he caught wind of. Because as it stands loosing Tathan would not be ideal for the depth chart.

Where is Hurts going to end up at?