College Football Thread 2018 v 2.0

Mitch

I've always thought Michigan saying they need to hire a "Michigan man" always sounded like something a bunch of hicks would say. It sounds stupid. The same applies with Ohio State's situation.

Oh, Irony Police Infraction #1: Michigan has their "Michigan man" - how well is that working out for them?

And, Irony Police Infraction #2: the guy who coined that phrase was from Ohio.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm selling all this "not an Ohio guy" bull shit. Gross.

Agreed. Hell, a significant portion of UM players are form Ohio as well...doesn't seem to be making that big an impact. If you will recall, the first of the Boren brothers started out at UM, and then transferred to OSU. It's not like the Buckeyes ostracized him or anything.

The Game is what it is. Those who get it, get it. If you can't wrap your head around the most consequential rivalry in American sports, then you probably shouldn't be coaching ANYWHERE.

Webber Jr is from Detroit.. both schools have Ohio and Michigan players. Hell both coaches were born in Toledo. There was a war fought over Toledo, Ohio won I guess, or did Michigan, I can’t tell, the last time I was in Little Detroit, I was wondering what the prize was.

He coached in it for a couple years...I think he gets it as much as he can. He also has had Urban there stressing the rivalry. He'll be fine...

Point back to Cooper all you want, but we want the best chance to win, not just someone that "gets" the Michigan game.

I'm selling all this "not an Ohio guy" bull shit. Gross.

Lmao. I'm assuming you're referencing my post. Give me a fucking break. It's not like I said I don't want him. I think Day is going to do a great job and I'm excited we have him. It doesn't need to be an Ohio guy. I stand by my statement that YES I do think it's hard for an outsider to understand the rivalry like someone who was born and grew up here. That doesn't mean I don't want him as coach.

Lmao. I'm assuming you're referencing my post. Give me a fucking break. It's not like I said I don't want him. I think Day is going to do a great job and I'm excited we have him. It doesn't need to be an Ohio guy. I stand by my statement that YES I do think it's hard for an outsider to understand the rivalry like someone who was born and grew up here. That doesn't mean I don't want him as coach.

I'm referencing the comment that has been flowing through all commentary on the subject since the announcement.

It's a zero.zero argument.

It's not difficult to understand reality when you're in the middle of it, regardless of where you are "from." If it is, then well...you probably won't be very good at what you do.

It's a shame that Haskins didn't win the Heisman. Not to say that Murray shouldn't have won it (I think he should), it's just that Haskins was unfortunate enough to have this kind of season when (a) Ohio State was filled with scandal for much of the year and (b) Tua and Murray both had the seasons they did in the same season. In any other year, Haskins might have been a runaway winner.

P.S. Lauren Shady is now officially Lauren's new name.

It's a shame that Haskins didn't win the Heisman. Not to say that Murray shouldn't have won it (I think he should), it's just that Haskins was unfortunate enough to have this kind of season when (a) Ohio State was filled with scandal for much of the year and (b) Tua and Murray both had the seasons they did in the same season. In any other year, Haskins might have been a runaway winner.

At the very least he should've been a close second. It's ok. He'll do better than Tua in the NFL.

Another :lol:. That's a scumbag move. You know he's reading this. Can't believe he completely tucked tail and ran.

I was taught my dad and grandpa there are two things that nobody can steal from you no matter what: your good name and your good word. You alone can tarnish those. Well...

So, Urban Meyer retires, and Jim Harbaugh loses a 5 star recruit. Lol.

Harbaugh is like one of those dudes on those pistachio commercials.

"Jim Harbaugh has a rough life. His daughters first words were, "This isn't working out". He was born with an 0-3 record against Ohio State. And when OSU's coach retires, HIS kids decommitted. Still, he's happy, because he's wearing his favorite khakis, and eating pistachios...And while he can't take his team to Indianapolis, he CAN take them to Rome."

Listening to 97.1 today they made some good points about the Heisman award. All it has become is a QB award when it is the best player in college football. The award seems to be predetermined as Haskins was +6000 for winning and Corso already knew. They also talked about how they pretty much decide in October who it is going to be. Murray will be playing against the Clippers next year, Tua will be at Bama and Haskins will be cashing checks. Martell is already +1000 to win the Heisman next year, but it will probably be Tua if he doesn't het hurt.

As a Michigan fan, everyone has been saying early Christmas present was Urban retiring, but not so much. I wont get excited until they start beating OSU. Tough loss with the safety this weekend too. It is tough to get excited about UofM football when we have a 1 loss season going into OSU and then get decimated. Not even excited for the bowl game.

I'm still pissed that Eric Crouch won the Heisman over Rex Grossman in 2001. What a fucking joke that was

That was Nebraska getting credit for shit they did in the 1990s.

It's the same reason why Alabama has won several Heisman's they haven't really deserved - they are just cashing in on the overall success of the program. Pick the best player from the best team and chances are that's who is getting the Heisman. It's dumb. And, again - like most important decisions in college football - a popularity contest.

Roll Tide

Send Message User Lists

Last Activity: Today 09:49 AM

Current Activity: Viewing Thread Car goals in 2019

I guess Lauren paying the bet is out of the question. I hope he use that money to buy something nice for his daughter and wife.